I need....

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Comp01, Mar 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

A webbrowser that will run on a 100Mhz PC w/ 24MB's of RAM (I got a firewall, and AV setup on it) I know for sure Firefox 0.8 wont run on it, and I don't want to use Internet Explorer, so, is there any browsers made for slower PC's?

2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

How about the old faithfull Mosaic :p

You'll need an older version of any browser, but you will be short on functionality. At this page you can find more browsers than you might want to use. I would get the old Opera.
    If it runs, try upgarding to a later version.

3. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

I never heard of Mosaic, how is it? Also, how would and older version of Netscape work? (I heard the older versions dont contain the AOL stuff?)

4. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Where have you been the last 10 year :;?
    Mosaic is the mother of all browsers, Mosaic was the first graphical browser, launched somewhere in 1993.
    Netscape was the official offspring. One of Mosaic's creators, Marc Andreesen and financer Jim Clark set up Netscape in 1994.
    AOL bought Netscape in 1997, so there are some older non AOL releases to be found.
    Internet Explorer was launched in 1995. It wasn't until release 4 that the integration of IE in Windows took place (remember ActiveDesktop :rolleyes:)

I still recommend you try Opera. It was a lot faster than Netscape. Besides, Netscape soon came with lots of extra stuff, leading to a lot of extra bytes that had to be downloaded. We were all on dial up those days...

5. FluxGFX

FluxGFX Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.