I Need Ur Help

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DViPER, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DViPER

DViPER Registered Member

Once I Had Infected With That Bad Virus " Jefo "
    It May Be Old But i used mcafee & Lost all my EXE Files :(
    Iam Asking For The Best Antivirus Program with which i can sleep :isay:
    With No Neight Mares
    Please Help Me ​

2. benton4

benton4 Registered Member

I used nod32 for awhile. It is among the best as per many tests and very light on resources last I heard. I personally use Viruscape 2006 and haven't looked back.
    avcomparitive.org I think is the well known testing site for great reviews of the well known AV's.
    Hope this helps.

3. DViPER

DViPER Registered Member

Thanks For Quick Respond
    But Was There A Problem In Nod32 ?​

4. DViPER

DViPER Registered Member

hey Expertss & Admins

No Respond

Why o_Oo_Oo_O?

5. mnosteele

mnosteele Registered Member

Why? Because this question is asked almost daily here. Just search the forums, read and decide what to use for yourself, everyone will give you a different answer because everyone has their own opinion.

:)

6. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Well, it's the weekend and many of us have lives to lead. For example, even when I'm "logged in" here, I may not be at my machine or I may be preoccuppied with other tasks. Such is life on broadband.

As for your question, if you are dealing with an old piece of malware, McAfee should have flagged it, assuming it was updated and configured appropriately. It's a well rated AV.

However, it sounds like you do want to switch in any event, so head on over to av-comparatives.org and review the On-demand comparative from Feb 2006 and Retrospective/ProActive Test from November 2005. Any AV rated Advanced+ on either or both tests should be fine. That list is comprised of : AVIRA, BitDefender, Kaspersky, Kaspersky engined AV's (F-Secure, GData AVK, etc.), McAfee, NOD32, Symantec/Norton, and TrustPort. Download one of these, do a full uninstall and clean up of McAfee, clear out you Temporary Internet Files, reboot, and install the AV you selected and trial it. If you like it, buy it, if not, moved to the next on the list and repeat. Still feeling nervous? Download the trial for Ewido or purchase BOClean (no trial here, just a money back guarantee). Note: Ewido will revert to the free version if you don't purchase it. Finally, if you don't use a router, firewall, or Windows native firewall (assuming you run XP), do choose and use one of them.

There are a number of other things you could do having to do with system hardening, etc., but the suggestions above can be put into use immediately by anyone.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.