I need the Lastest Beta!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by gate1975mlm, Jun 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm Registered Member

Is there anyway I could test out the lastest beta? I am really thinking about buying NOD32 but I want to see if the lastest version fixes my problem with Skype running slow!

2. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Your winsock may be a bit confused. I know several people using Skype and they do not have any issues. You may want to try this: http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

If IMON is disabled, run the lspfix and then re-enabled it. If it is not enabled, disable it and then run the lspfix.

Let us know if this helps! :eek:

3. gate1975mlm

No that did not help. All that did was kill my Internet Connection. I had to use system restore to get it back. NOD32 is the only AntiVirus software that makes Skype open and run so slow! I guess there is no hope.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2004
  4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We will try installing Skype and see if the aforementioned problem occurs even with the latest beta. Please understand that even Rome wasn't built in a day and we need to make some improvements in NOD32 before a fully working beta is released. I suggest you drop an email to support@nod32.com with a description of a problem and the information from your Control Center about installed NOD32.

5. gate1975mlm

Thank you so much for your help! I understand that it takes time to make software great. I just want to make sure if I buy Nod32 it will work ok with Skype. All my other software seems ok so far. But I will add that when running Skype it also makes other things slow down like my mouse and IE. They would freeze for a second or two. This only happens when NOD32 and Skype are both running.

6. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Very valid concern. No one should buy software based on what it might do at some unkown point in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.