I need the BETA install file to remove it !!!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by Txl, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Txl

Txl Registered Member

Hello all,

First of all a piece of advice for ESET people...

NEVER USE THE SHITTY MSI FILES FOR INSTALL...

Now on to the request part, can someone provide me with the install file for the BETA version (ESS XP 32 bits) ? Not the RC version, of course the RC version needs the install file of the BETA version to install itself.

I tried the removal of the registry files but of course the LM/Soft/ESET keys are protected, the services cannot be stopped (which is right for some AV product)

Why ON EARTH is something so STUPID ever allowed to mess into such a GREAT program ?

Why can't ESET provide us with a CLEANER program or even better, a program called "unistall.exe" so that we can remove it before installing the next one ? If we keep on using this CRAP MSI system then we have to keep the install files to remove the programs, and of course since the ESET install files all have the same name (how about putting a version number in the filename ?) it can be quite difficult to keep them all...

Thanks for the help and for stopping to use these IDIOTIC procedures from MS

2. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

They will use it as long as they want to be MS Certified... ;)
    And you're an exception to the rule, the uninstaller works flawlessly in most cases.

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Please try disabling the Self-Defense function in the Advanced Setup screen (F5 key) under Antivirus and Antispyware, restarting your computer in Safe Mode and uninstalling the beta test version of ESET Smart Security through the Programs folder on the Start Menu.

You should then be able to upgrade to the Release Candidate version.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. Txl

Txl Registered Member

well it's getting from bad to worse...

removed the self defense, uninstalled and now all my network is dead.
    I have yellow dots on all network connections in device manager, I cannot remove them because they are needed at windows boot and i have an eset miniport something whch is also unremovable.

if i try to reinstalll the drivers i get a "file not found error"

How can i COMPLETELY remove ALL traces of ESET from my computer ?

the registry is locked, safe mode wont let me remove the devices and i am locked...
    all this to be MS certified, what a joke...

thanks for the help

5. harrievaan

harrievaan Registered Member

Good question, even after editing regedit and removing all the strings mentioned on the eset-website it's not possible to remove the EKRN.exe service. And because not being able to remove ekrn.exe i'm not able to remove the mentioned directories. Don't get me wrong, ESET is the best, but why is there no removal tool?

6. ugly

ugly Registered Member

If I were you, I'd reinstall ESS and , after that , I'd try again to uninstall.
    I had good results with this method for different programs after an incomplete removal.

7. 4L3X

4L3X Registered Member

try using a program like smarty uninstaller or uninstall tool, these trawl the registry for broken programs and might solve your problem. i think i might also still have a copy of the v4 beta still on my machine (but its x64). try smarty uninstaller or uninstall tool and if that dosent fix your problem and your machine is x64 , then leave a message here and i will upload the file to some storage space online for you to download.

:)

8. Txl

Txl Registered Member

Thanks for the tips everybody...

I tried all, I could not reinstall it because it wouldn't let me and I couldn't fix the miniport crap...

So I had to format (which worked)...

Thanks again ESET for this VERY good installer/uninstaller thing.

Perhaps a CLEANER program would be good, even SYMANTEC has one, now i feel like a guy who's purchased Norton Anti Virus in 1999, same quality of support from ESET...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.