I need some helps on setup things

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by linuxguy, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linuxguy

linuxguy Registered Member

I try your language. Can someone here provide helps for my not understanding? I am trying to setup 12.04.3 L on my computer. I can easy setup using whole computer drive. I have done that some times already. I don't want to do that. Here is my wants if you can tell me how to partition my drive. I already have encryption on my computer in Windows way. It is working good. I have used most of drive volume and its encrypted. I now want to use the last 40 Gig of space (computer shows unallocated) to make a Linux system and I want to place the booting needs on a flash drive. I will then use the flash thing to start my Linux system. I am not understanding how to partitioning the drive during install. My thinking is to have encryption of all Linux other than the booting needs on the flash thing. I have read of DM encryption and it sounds strong. I need strong. Can any people here tell me of how to do what I want. I do not want to change windows out of computer. I just want to use Linux for certain stuff but have it strong closed when I am not using. I will take booting flash with me when I am away so nobody can use my Linux. I look to some people here to give me some ideas. I am smart but learning this words is hard. I try. I just have trouble to understand the partitioning part. I try things but it keeps showing no root system in box. If I can learn of partitioning I can do the rest I think. Please show me steps.

2. linuxguy

linuxguy Registered Member

I did not say before that I can do this on normal 12.04.3. The box showing how to make boot thing is easy to find using this one. I don't see that box when I try 12.04.3 L one. The L one has the strong DM stuff and that I need. Sorry not to tell it before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.