I need some helps on setup things

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by linuxguy, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linuxguy

linuxguy Registered Member

I try your language. Can someone here provide helps for my not understanding? I am trying to setup 12.04.3 L on my computer. I can easy setup using whole computer drive. I have done that some times already. I don't want to do that. Here is my wants if you can tell me how to partition my drive. I already have encryption on my computer in Windows way. It is working good. I have used most of drive volume and its encrypted. I now want to use the last 40 Gig of space (computer shows unallocated) to make a Linux system and I want to place the booting needs on a flash drive. I will then use the flash thing to start my Linux system. I am not understanding how to partitioning the drive during install. My thinking is to have encryption of all Linux other than the booting needs on the flash thing. I have read of DM encryption and it sounds strong. I need strong. Can any people here tell me of how to do what I want. I do not want to change windows out of computer. I just want to use Linux for certain stuff but have it strong closed when I am not using. I will take booting flash with me when I am away so nobody can use my Linux. I look to some people here to give me some ideas. I am smart but learning this words is hard. I try. I just have trouble to understand the partitioning part. I try things but it keeps showing no root system in box. If I can learn of partitioning I can do the rest I think. Please show me steps.

2. linuxguy

linuxguy Registered Member

I did not say before that I can do this on normal 12.04.3. The box showing how to make boot thing is easy to find using this one. I don't see that box when I try 12.04.3 L one. The L one has the strong DM stuff and that I need. Sorry not to tell it before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.