i need some help with Firefox, please.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, i was having a look at my FF settings and when i went to C:\Documents and Settings\iceni\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5jfsffsf.default\ i noticed that i don't have the user.js file. That makes me think that when i did my speed tweaks i put them into my prefs.js file instead of making a user.js file and putting then there.

what should i do? i can make the user.js file and put my tweaks there, but is there a way i can make my prefs.js file go back to default so when i launch FF the correct settings will be put into the file?

what i want to do is make a backup of the prefs.js file then delete it from the folder it is now in so i can use the backup if it doesn't automatically make the prefs.js file when i next launch FF. and make the user.js file and put the tweaks in there.

when i check about:config the tweaks are being used and they seem to be working as the browser is so much faster then IE.

2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i just deleted the prefs.js file and made the user.js file with the tweaks in. all my personal settings where deleted. all my extensions and themes are still here though. what i thought would happen did happen, FF has created a new prefs.js file. i am going to compare the newly created file with the deleted file that i made a copy of and see what i can transfer from the old one to the new one. :)

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

OK, sorry if i wasted anyone's time :oops: but after seeing what the file that Firefox created looks like, i realise that there is nothing wrong with the original prefs.js file i started off with so i put it back. :rolleyes: all i have done is make a user.js file and put my tweaks in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.