Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by help :), Dec 1, 2005.
i need hardisk encryption software for my laptop
Hi help ,
Try TrueCrypt: http://truecrypt.org
T r u e C r y p t
Free open-source disk encryption software for Windows XP/2000/2003 and Linux
* It can create a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mount it as a real disk.
* It can encrypt an entire hard disk partition or a device, such as USB memory stick, floppy disk, etc.
* Provides two levels of plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password:
1) Hidden volume (more information may be found here).
2) No TrueCrypt volume can be identified (TrueCrypt volumes cannot be distinguished from random data).
* Encryption algorithms: AES-256, Blowfish (448-bit key), CAST5, Serpent (256-bit key), Triple DES, and Twofish (256-bit key). Mode of operation: LRW (CBC supported as legacy).
* Based on Encryption for the Masses (E4M) 2.02a, which was conceived in 1997.
See The Data List - Encryption.
And do pay special attention to the link on Cryptography Products authored by Bruce Schneier in the middle of the webpage at The Data List - Encryption.
That article from Bruce Schneier can be found here... It's a great read. I use Truecrypt.
Separate names with a comma.