I need an answer if you know

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Mr Bob, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Bob

Mr Bob Registered Member

"Freewebs.com" was a site installed to my restricted sites zone. My son created a website there and I can't find anything "bad" about it - privacy policy -terms of use, and I can't find anything on line about it either.
    I am VERY security conscious, so Javacool...why is this site targeted?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Freewebs is on several CoolWebSearch-related domain lists, and is classified as such in the SpywareBlaster Restricted Sites database. (It's on several other block lists as well.) CWShredder targets this domain too. (This is most likely due to a CWS-related site being hosted on their servers, or systems being hijacked to the site - the former being most likely.)

Adding that site to the restricted sites zone also prevents their advertising network from placing cookies on your machine (information on that is in their privacy policy).

SpywareBlaster offers a permanent ignore feature, which may benefit you in this case. Just right-click on the item in the Restricted Sites database and choose Ignore List > Add Item to Ignore List. (You can search for the item by right-clicking on the database as well.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Mr Bob

Mr Bob Registered Member

Thanks JC - that is an answer.
    The sad (?) thing is that Freewebs is one of the best, user friendly web creating sites. I was very impressed with it. It doesn't demand you place an ad banner on your created site too.
    I suppose if I disable their ad cookie, I won't be able to edit my (son's) site. I don't see the site itself as a threat, however I'm going to run CW shredder tonight just for fun :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.