I need a DOS utility that displays IRQ and DMA information.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Close_Hauled, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

I am having a hard time finding a DOS utility that reads and displays IRQ and DMA information. I am working on some very old hardware that is having conflicts. This is a DOS only environent, so it is important that I find a DOS utility.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Good call Fuser! ;)

Alternate location's .... msd.exe available via ftp from M$ or from oldfiles.org.uk (GA0363.EXE/ver 2.11). Again, run it ONLY in DOS!
    Craig Hart's PCI version 1.1 would also do the trick.

GF

4. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Thanks! Once again you come through. I am upgrading some old 386's that are running DOS 6.22 and using a an old ISA based GPIB card from the late 80s. When I put the card into a newer system it did not quite work right. The new systems do not let you set IRQs like the old days. All I could do was disable everything that I did not need. I finally got the old GPIB working in the new PC.

The old systems are Compaq 386/20s. I do not understand why my company did not upgrade them a long time ago. I already had 2 systems break down during the upgrade process. Fortunatly I had already backed them up. Now we are running on newer Dells with DOS 6.22 and a Netware 3.11 database application server, which we have to stick with in this very custom application.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.