I messed up database update file

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by newtothis, Feb 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newtothis

newtothis Registered Member

A few days ago I tried to update the database for TDS-3. Instead of right clicking and saving as target....by accident I downloaded it with Windows Netmeeting.
    The file called radius has horizontal blue stripes with a small a in the right hand lower portion.
    I tried to delte it with Nod 32..but had no luck.
    When I try to update the database this file come right back up.
    Any suggestions?
    :eek:

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi,

Was there any reason why you tried to delete it with NOD32? I don't understand that....

Isn't it possible to simply delete the file and download a new Radius-file as described here:
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=update

I have to admit that I don't know anything about Netmeeting :oops:

Maybe someone else has to jump in here.....

3. newtothis

No I just deleted the last update in the netmeeting file. Then I downloaded another database update and after it finished downloading...it went right to the desktop again.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Never heard such a thing and i can't imagine what happened and why it would not be possible to be corrected. The radius file is just an oridnary individual file (sorry Gavin :) ) so what and wherever you download it and where and with what should be correctable by deleting or moving to the right place.
    Just delete the thing wherever you have it, the icon you describe i don't know, no radius thing i might think.
    And get a new one this time go to the site, rightclick and save in the right place, restart TDS and it should work again.
    Do you have an evaluation or a registered version?
    In the latter situation update via thje menu option and see that everything is updated nicely.

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

There wont be a problem, even if you have associated ".TD3" files with another program. Just dont ever click on the and try to execute them.

Right click the file you downloaded, choose CUT
    Now go to My Computer, then C
    Now find Program Files and go there
    Right click the folder TDS3 and choose PASTE

You have now moved the file you downloaded to the TDS folder. Thats all you have to do, TDS can now find it

I suggest you enable viewing of the real extensions of a file, there are many default options in Windows which are not suitable for security. These can be adjusted from any Windows Explorer window or My Computer, by going to Tools and then Folder Options. See the picture for my settings. The options I refer to are

Show hidden files and folders
    Hide file extensions for known file types
    Hide protected operating system files

The last 2 are disabled of course, due to them not showing you the REAL files on your system. The first social engineering trick I can think of was to name a file MYPIC.JPG.exe and Windows hides the .exe. Back in those days a large % of people would run the file :doubt:

Attached Files:

6. newtothis

Thanks for the information Gavin..it worked to perfection. Will my database update automatically now?
    Some of the security info in my folder options was different than yours. I didn't have the option for "display full path in address". So should I still check "display full path in title bar"?
    I don't have " show hidden files and folders so I checked "show all files"
    I do have "allow all uppercase names”.. I’m not sure if that should be checked.
    Also, the interface keeps opening up and saying "a change has been detected in the autostart registry" What am I supposed to look for in the autostart registry?

Thanks again :),
    newtothis

7. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Automatic updates are set for Mondays & Fridays for licensed users.

It can help to identify exactly which folder a file is in.

Show all files is OK - If you are not signed on as an Administrator "Show hidden file & folders" may not be listed as a security precaution.

This is TDS noting changes in your registry and usually occurrs when you have installed new programmes, I have found that it is usually the top lines shown that are the changed registry keys.
    For TDS4 it has been requested that these changes are highlighted in some way.

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.