I know this is BAD!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Valkyri001, Mar 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valkyri001

Valkyri001 Registered Member

:eek:Just recieved a filtered email from road runner. They removed an attachment because they could not clean a w32beagle. Would any of the info in the lines help anyone here to id any part of it?
    Move this as necessary!

2. subratam

subratam Registered Member

Hi Val :),

W32Beagle.A@MM    
    Mass-mailing worm inserts several files and registry keys on a system running any one of Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Symantec says.

It will access remote websites, and email all contacts it can locate. Emails sent by this worm have the subject line "Hi".

The worm does not affect systems running DOS, Linux, Macintosh OSX, OS/2, UNIX, or Windows 3.x.

How are you liking the Boot Camp?

3. Valkyri001

;)Hi sub! yeah I was just reading post by Mariaana. Thats what I've got here. Now that I'm better informed. I don't feel so bad. I just didn't know where to look. The deeper I get into this stuff, the more I feel I just can't afford it. The battle seems to be raging UN-Checked. Maybe I'm not getting all this straight. When I put the address in CWS it said NO, Am I using the wrong tool?

4. subratam

will you please elaborate :rolleyes: ?
    address in CWS??

5. Valkyri001

:doubt:Now you have me worried! nah, in the signature line on the bottom of the mail, Rr.com team .
    I put that in the CWS debug window and nothing happened. (the Rr.com team) of course I am assuming thats where it was going to go back to.

6. subratam

Val,

post a precautional Hijack log just to be sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.