I Know Ewido Support is History, But...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dearnshaw, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dearnshaw

dearnshaw Registered Member

I've been using this free Micro scanner for some time on my work laptop. However, once I brought the laptop home and dropped it on my home network, the application starts up, tries to retrieve the latest definitions and then dies with the word "error" - nothing more descriptive.

I'm running on Win XP-Pro with a Linksys router/firewall between me and the Internet. Does this micro scanner use any weird ports that I need to open on the firewall?

Thanks.

2. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

Hmm, I might be wrong but as ewido/AVG AS is dead already, are definitions for ewido micro even available anymore?

3. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Would not seem to be. I keep it on several PCs for on-demand second opinions. When ever I open it now and it attempts to update all I get where the update progress used to show is "error" as stated by dearnshaw.

It is still available for download though. :doubt:

4. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Went to the website and the Ewido Micro scanner is no longer available. When I went to update mine I got an error message. So long to a nice, free little scanner. It was rated one the best anti-trojans a few years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.