I Know Ewido Support is History, But...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dearnshaw, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dearnshaw

dearnshaw Registered Member

I've been using this free Micro scanner for some time on my work laptop. However, once I brought the laptop home and dropped it on my home network, the application starts up, tries to retrieve the latest definitions and then dies with the word "error" - nothing more descriptive.

I'm running on Win XP-Pro with a Linksys router/firewall between me and the Internet. Does this micro scanner use any weird ports that I need to open on the firewall?

Thanks.

2. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

Hmm, I might be wrong but as ewido/AVG AS is dead already, are definitions for ewido micro even available anymore?

3. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Would not seem to be. I keep it on several PCs for on-demand second opinions. When ever I open it now and it attempts to update all I get where the update progress used to show is "error" as stated by dearnshaw.

It is still available for download though. :doubt:

4. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Went to the website and the Ewido Micro scanner is no longer available. When I went to update mine I got an error message. So long to a nice, free little scanner. It was rated one the best anti-trojans a few years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.