I hope this not usual 8.0/DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MicKeR, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MicKeR

MicKeR Registered Member

Just bought True Image, but have not yet installed the update. Tried to create a backup of C: which was 9.7g -Requested CD or DVD, placed a DVD with 'Normal' compression, indications from Acronis software was that would fit on one DVD...I have two DVD coaster and two CD coasters; prompted me for a CD; which I placed in the drive and nothing happened. This is on Intel P4 with WINXP Pro, the primary partition is 10g, actual files 6.8g. The drive is 40g with three partitions.

Just spins the Acronis CD icon (While trying to write) and nothing happens, created a bootable DVD and repeated the process, same result? Looked at the log and stated the media was bad, brand new Ridata DVD -R & brand new memorex CD's -Just opened to do this!

Please.

2. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

TrueImage doesn't support DVD-R, try +R or either RW

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello MicKer,

If not already done so please read your True Image User's Guide or, at the very least, this part of the <True Image Online FAQ>. Please also be aware that you can't image to DVD if you've booted from the TI rescue CD.

Regards

4. MicKeR

MicKeR Registered Member

Ah, so that's it! -I do "wish" that when prompted for an action, that the software can't deal with, a description would be accurately provided in that pop up box, at the very least the log should be accurate for a known issue; in this case DVD-R "Won't image DVD-R media" Rather than "Media? Bad".

Try again and thank you. No, I had not booted to the rescue CD -This was off the software loaded in WIN, I had ended up trying to make the disk bootable -Not booting from it.

Why would TI, not be able to use -R media?

Thank you for responding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.