I hope someone can help me.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dfpenicaro, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfpenicaro

dfpenicaro Registered Member

I am using Acronis True Image Workstation 9.1 with Universal Restore. I bought 15 copies of this product to back-up all the hard drives at my place of employment. I basiclly installed both products on the machine and went into the console and selected "clone drive". I have done this for 13 out of 15 machines without a hitch. the 13 machines are a mixture of Windows 2000 and XP operating systems.When i get done cloning the drive i unplug the original drive and plug in the cloned drive and it runs fine... execpt for the last 2 machines.. The 2 machines always hang up at the start-up. the machine finds the CD-ROM and then it just sits there and the cursor blinks. I have also tried to boot off the cd-rom with no results. If i plug the original hard-drive back in, it will boot form the CD-rom then, and the machine functions properly. I would appreciate it if anyone has any tips for me.

2. mbrasil

mbrasil Registered Member

Hi...
    Your machine hangs when you boot from acronis boot disk (before clone) or freezes after you have cloned and tring to boot windows?
    If you are using IDE Hard Drive, check if drives are correctly setup as master/slave and also check if cd drive is master/slave if using same cable of one that hard drives.
    Marcelo

3. dfpenicaro

Thank-you for the reply.. Actually to answer your question.. BOTH.. The ClONED drive just hangs up. and the I have never gotten to to boot from the cd-rom when having the cloned drived plugged in. I have check all the cables and setting and tried different combinations. I do have 2 IDE ports in my motherboard. i have tried a hardrive on one port and the cd-rom on atother port,. I have tried using one cable and have the drive jumpers set accordingly. The machine i am workin on is a windows 2000 machine. It just bugs me cause i have done this atleast 8 other times and it has worked flawlessly. I have never had to go any deeper in to the Acronis program.

4. mbrasil

Hi dfpenicaro...
    Some times ATI+UR will fail and the only solution is installing windows manually from cd.
    In my experiences, i had 99% of success using Acronis Echo workstation 9.5 b8076. The 1% that had failed is because the destination hardware was an very, very oldest hardware. (Motherboard PCCHips M810 i had never success boot after cloning (black screen with dash blinking)). Maybe acronis support can provide to you an solution after you send a file report with specification of source and destination hardware.
    Good Luck.
    Marcelo

5. dfpenicaro

Does Acronis have the capability to put the appropriate fales in the respective folders if i would manually load windows onto a hard drive? Here is my problem.I work for a smaller manufacturing company who has made its own machines. My former boss (the guy who created all the machines) has left the company,thus the expertise and knowledge left with him. These machine are very specific about file structure. I have been given the job of cloning the hard drives to give us a "cushion " in the event of a failure. I havent had the time to really sit down and "play" with acronis. From what i can see it is a pretty powerfull tool and has many capabilities. Is there another way to clone this drive other than the way i am currently doing it? The end result i am looking for is a cabinet full of physical hard drives that i can swap out and get the machine back up and running.I would be gratefull for any input you might have.

6. mbrasil

Maybe your problem is because cloning drive directly you can get differences between CHS Geometry Hard Drives.
    IF the problem is caused by differences in CHS Geometry, you can try create an image of source drive and after restore to destination drive using ATI+Universal Restore, because cloning drive to drive directly if chs are different the system won´t boot. But restoring from image the chs problem not occurs.
    More about CHS Geometry problem at:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=208882

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=209574&highlight=geometry

Marcelo

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dfpenicaro,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build (3887) of both Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis Universal Restore. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, could you please clarify, does the boot process of Acronis Bootable Rescue Media get to the selection screen, or not?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.