i have keyscrambler pro, and spy-shelter premium wich shall i use

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by majorpain, Mar 25, 2018.

1. majorpain

majorpain Registered Member

i didnt relize i had paid subscriptions to both of these but was wondering if either is better then the other ect. here is my setup.

i have zone alarm extreme security wich i think i like however onto the keylogger portion the one included in ZA i dont think is usefull so since im running ZA extreme as a secondary wich would be better to run keyscrambler or spy-shelter? as i have both

2. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

The current release version of KeyScrambler Pro is not compatible with Microsoft Edge. However, this unreleased version will disable Edge support until a fix can be found:

http://download.qfxsoftware.com/download/KeyScramblerPro3.11.0.5_Setup.exe

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2018
  3. Beyonder

Beyonder Registered Member

Keyscrambler seems to have issues with Firefox Quantum as well. It's missing letters on Facebook :(

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

SS encrypts ALL processes while KS encrypts selected apps. But I don't know if they are using different encryption methods and which one is better.

5. lucd

lucd Registered Member

a bit off topic here but plz answer: is keyscrambler often updated? should I care not to renew if the yearly plan is over, from what I understand program works 100% after 1 year but not support and updates, is it relevant in a situation of keylogging not to renew (its not like av that needs definitions every single day...)? does it have known CVE vulnerabilities?
    going back on topic : I too don't know which one to buy, since spy shelter seam not to work (or rather cooperate) too well if you already have os armor, exe radar and firewall like simplewall, on the other hand keyscrambler works perfectly, again, spy shelfter looks like a more "serious package", if I were to write keylogger I would be more worried about spyshelter

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  6. Beyonder

Beyonder Registered Member

Keyscrambler is updated like once a year.

No CVE that I've heard of.

Honestly, I think you should look into alternative solutions. I browse with Application Guard, for example. If you already have a keylogger on your computer, you've already ducked up.

7. ichito

ichito Registered Member

@lucd
    SpyShelter is compatibile with actualy all sort of security apps but sometime is not necesary to have to many such apps in one working system. It's due to potential conflilcts and covarege the same protected areas. SS is more than anty-logger due to a lot of features and possibilities connected to advanced settings...if you want to know something more I invite you to my review
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thr...-settings-tips-and-useful-information.410717/

8. lucd

lucd Registered Member

true but if you rely on 1 layer of protection you are often left out in the cold, the most you add the better, if its compatible, and antiloggers are. Now imagine VM, you can be clean on reboot and prevent temp logging, or it could save you because of some unexpected event.

not many options. Last good zemana was 1.9.3.

thx ichito for information, I really like SpyShelter just don't want to drop novirusthanks solutions too fast:) otherwise I'd buy spyshelter its great

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.