I have been waiting for 6 days for a dangerous worm to be detected by ESET !

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ESS_Lover, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ESS_Lover

ESS_Lover Registered Member

Hi Moderators

I found a very dangerous worm which ESET does not detect
    and this is a good prove that it's so dangerous ~Link removed per Policy.~ to see Virus Total report

I sent this to samples@eset.sk on Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:00:47 PM
    and today is Monday August 17 !!!

6 days and I haven't received any reply from ESET and they haven't even add a detection for that dangerous worm yet !!!

the email subject : two dangerous viruses ESET doesn't detect
    the email date : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:00:47 PM

please check the email I sent you and add a detection for that worm
    and please improve your support !! :'(

Regards
    ESS_Lover

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2009
  2. dorgane

dorgane Guest

3. ESS_Lover

you're right :thumb:
    they really have to improve their support !
    it's so simple to make automatic replies !! :shifty:

4. ESS_Lover

UP UP UP UP o_O

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

When Eset is able to respond they will I'm sure but there is no need to bump a thread that is only a half a day old.

6. trial and error

trial and error Registered Member

JEEEEZ
    I hope one of the mods has a GOOD response on this one.
    As of late I'm losin' my religion over Eset's lethargy.

7. volvic

volvic Registered Member

This sounds about right, unfortunately.

In any case, you should run something like prevx and MBAM as well.

Don't rely just on Nod32.

They get quite upset around here when you complain about Nod32 going downhill or failing to pick up a threat.

Suggestion: Why not have a single point of email e.g. threat@eset.com to begin with.

8. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Well when people register with names like ESS_Lover, I highly doubt they will change their "religion". ;) It's a statistical fact that ESET has been going downwards instead of upwards, but people (myself included at one point) prefer to keep "praying". It's not until a "miracle" comes along and blows it out the water that you "see the truth".

9. volvic

volvic Registered Member

What are you now using as alternative to ESS? I have gone back down to EAV and MBAM and PrevX(free) and SAS (free) and Outpost free.

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello volvic,

As a new member I realize you are still finding your way around. One thing We do request is that when in our dedicated Support Forums like Eset's for instance, We stick to that programs support. That being said, feel free to continue "alternative to ESS" type discussions in one of our Forums other than Eset's Official Support forum. Disussions such as "alternative to ESS" are off topic to this forum.

Regards

Edit:
    Also, one off topic post removed and ask that We do stick with Eset support issues Please. No need to enter threads just to claim non use of Eset products.

11. ESS_Lover

At last and after 7 days
    ESET now detects it !

12. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , you shound not doubt . I am sure ESS_lover registered with this name because of the ESET section of the forum in order to post a suggestion , request help for their ESET product . But as everything changes , just a forum name won't stop him/her from changing the "religion".

Trust me , I changed it already.

Moreover , ESS_lover could ask administrators to change his/her forum name.

.... .... .... I don't have the words to comments this .... .... ....

No offense , but I still cannot see a reponse from ESET - neither here not elsewhere . ESS_lover also mentions nothing about getting a reponse from them apart from the fact it has been added (after 7 days of waiting) . Imagine it was from a real infected computer / real-world situation ?

And by the way , you say "When Eset is able to respond (...)" - it should not be "when" . Nobody can wait so long for their ^heavy machine^ to wake up . And if there is such a person - he should be given a Noble prize for Patience

13. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

It's a given We can all see things differently but IMHO Eset responded indirectly within ESS_Lovers post from earlier this AM.

That in itself brings this issue to a close but We'll also bring it to a close to lessen the dribble :cautious:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.