I have auto update but Spybot picked 7 baddies how?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by justkevin, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justkevin

justkevin Registered Member

I understood that Spyware blaster update prevented spyware getting on in the first place so how did Spybot detect these 7
    Advertising.com
    Avenue A.Inc
    Blue Streak
    Media Plex
    Statcounter
    WebTrends live

justkevin

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Would it be possible to post a full scan log from Spybot S & D?

The items you listed look like cookies, which are merely text files on your computer that sites can use to store bits of information. (For example, a shopping site might use a cookie to store your login information, or the contents of your shopping cart.) Some sites use them to track you, which is the likely cause of the items you listed being detected. But they are a minimal worry - especially when compared to spyware and other potentially unwanted software.

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

3. justkevin

justkevin Registered Member

Hi thanks for the response ,it seems there is only one being picked up now by Spybot.I wasn't able to find how to post a report to you anyway,or even get the report done.

4. Maureen

Maureen Registered Member

I wanted to start a new thread but couldn't find this so I thought I'd use this thread instead. Every so often I use Spybot Search & Destroy as an extra insurance. However, just lately, Spybot S&D keeps picking up < statcounter > on my PC. Is it not possible to have this included in Spyware Blaster so that it doesn't happen anymore, please? Many thanks, Maureen

5. Get

Get Guest

What browser do you use?

6. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Download Ccleaner. Run it when you are done browsing. There no more cookies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.