I have a task with status queued after due time

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by oddsocks, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oddsocks

oddsocks Registered Member

Hi, I'm new to Acronis and trying to get to grips with it and have about a 50% success rate with tasks actually running (I) expected. I have created a number of backup types in the schedule and one is set to run every Tuesday at 20:29 (it's now 23:10) yet it hasn't started and the status still says 'queued'.

Although it is meant to run every Tuesday, I did run it manually on Sunday - is that why it is now queued?

I have build 9709 on vista 32bit home premium.

I havent yet tried a restore, but given my success rate so far I am looking for a suitable spare disc so that I don't live in a sense of false protection!

Thanks

Dave

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dave,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

I have sent a file to you via PM, install it, re-create the tasks and see if the issue remains.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. oddsocks

oddsocks Registered Member

Thanks.

Before I do that, the status has now changed to idle but showing last run time as 7th April but nothing in the 'last result'. Calendar shows failure on 7th April and the log shows:

error failed to backup folder /file 'thunderbird'. Specified file does not exist.
    error file 'thunderbird' not found
    info. operation H drive started

(that is the last entry)

The errors are correct - I had deleted that folder from the drive, but surely the backup of a drive would not fail because a selected directory was no longer there (I had not set up to back up the whole drive, just specific folders).

Also there was no indication of this failure via toolbar popup etc - i found it because I am checking the app. Out of 7 days of calendar, 3 show success, 4 show failure

4. maxheadroom999

maxheadroom999 Registered Member

Good morning.

I seem to be having the same trouble as the above poster (jobs showing as Queued past the scheduled run time) and a google search led me here.

could you elaborate on the fix you sent to Oddsocks please?

thanks

5. maxheadroom999

maxheadroom999 Registered Member

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello maxheadroom999,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home!

Please do as follows in order to resolve the issue:

- Download the file;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Issue the following:

schedmgr service stop
    schedmgr service uninstall

- Download the

For 32-bit operating systems

For 64-bit operating systems

- Unpack it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2 overwriting the existing files;
    - Run the following commands:

schedmgr service install
    schedmgr service start

Please re-create the task and make sure you run it from the same user account that you have created it under.

Thanks,

Jean Papyrin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.