I have a problem

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by Untouchable J, Jul 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Untouchable J

Untouchable J Registered Member

After using MRU Blaster for the first time, none of my programs are shown in my start menu anymore o_O . The basic stuff shows (Control Panel,My Documents, All Programs, etc.) but the program shortcuts are just blank now. How can I fix this please?

Thanks

-J

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The list of commonly used programs in the XP Start menu is cleaned when the option "Windows UserAssist MRUs" is checked. Unchecking that setting will prevent MRU Blaster from clearing that in the future. Please note that it takes time and reboots before XP rebuilds that list. There's some other advice on how to get favorite programs into the Start menu in this thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=9854

3. Untouchable J

Thanks for the info!

How long will it take for Windows rebuild the list? It have been 4 days and a counless of using programs and rebooting and the list is still a big blank. I dont think I have any programs that disable User Tracking data. I didnt understood fully the registry instructions in the link you've provided. How can I make sure that Windows User Tracking is enabled and working properly?

Thanks

P.S Is MRU Blaster suspose to not have any icons? The icon thats shows with it is the standars windows window.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2004
  4. Untouchable J

Anybody please? :(

5. oily

oily Guest

you do the very opposite of what LowWaterMark stated, namely, turn off Windows User Assisted MRUs in the settings option. Wish ya luck

6. JRosenfeld

JRosenfeld Registered Member

Well, that's exactly what LowWaterMark said: unchecking an item means it is not scanned.

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Actually he explained both options concerning checking\unchecking

8. Untouchable J

I kno that unchecking the option will prevent MRUB from clearing that in the future. On my first scan I didnt know about this and thats why my start menu list is blank. Lowwatermark said it would take a while for my list to build up again but the problem is my list is still blank after a number of days of regular computer use. So I'm asking how can I fix this...

9. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

This may in no way be related to your problem, but you don't have it 'scheduled' do you for 'Silent Clean' without your knowledge?

There are 3 executables in the folder [or look in Start Menu/Programs/MRU Blaster folder] They are: MRU Blaster/MRU Blaster Scheduler/MRU Blaster Silent Clean...

Click on the Scheduler one and see if it's been enabled to run every so often in the background without you knowing.

As I said, a long reach, but it may still be cleaning every 15 minutes [be default time].

See Pic.

Cheers, TAS

Attached Files:

• 022.GIF
      022.GIF
      File size:
      9 KB
      Views:
  10. Untouchable J

Hey,

nvm I now finally see that my list is building up again. DOnt know why it wasnt for a while.

Thanks

-J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.