i have a problem with eset smart security

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by KEVIN305, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KEVIN305

KEVIN305 Registered Member

my problem is have a network magic pro an eset smart is not lettin my share folder show, i follow the guide about the learning mode an that dont work, i figure the 4 had a problem so i install the rc smart security an i gettin the same problem, i also saw people talk about the problem an get back few answer about it. to be honest i had to uninstall the smart security an use the regular antivirus an my sharefolder shows up like normal. yall should fixs this problem instead of makin user get discouraged about smart security with network magic pro

2. NoobStick

NoobStick Guest

3. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

4. KEVIN305

KEVIN305 Registered Member

thanks for the comment on your behalf, i wasnt checkin all service, but when i reboot it shows the share folder but then 3mins later eset state it had a port scanning from 1 of my computer on my network an it block the computer but i follow all the rules an it still blockin my sharefolder, i think this a major flaw in eset smart security whiles using network magic... i am not using smart security until they fixs this issue

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  5. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Have you tried by adding that computer the port scanning attach was coming from to the "Addresses excluded from active protection (IDS)" zone in the personal firewall?

Open ESS main window, press the F5 key to enter the Advanced Setup tree. Go to Personal firewall > Rules and zones > Zone and rule editor > Setup... > Zones tab > double-click "Addresses excluded from active protection (IDS)" > click Add IPv4 address.

Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.