I have 2 problems with the ESS (NOD32 is the same).

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by The Nodder, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

I have 2 problems with the ESS (NOD32 is the same).

1) there is no option to exit the program in the sys. tray.
    2) I cannot stop the program scanning files on startup or restarts.

(BTW, some other users have also requested this.)

I restart or startup the PC on anything from 2 to 5 times a day, possibly more.
    Both 1 & 2 really get me annoyed because there is no way I can find to stop that.

Every time I have to manually go into ESS to stop the AV, Firewall etc,
    that is after I have to endure the file scanning.

If you in ESET cannot (I doubt that very much) then I will have to forget ESS
    and NOD32 AV as it is exactly the same.
    Then I will have no choice but to go back to NOD32 2.7 and Outpost, because I have no desire to have to go through that every day, and have my new username & password transferred back to NOD32 2.7.

It is easy for you good ESET persons to provide the options concerned, please
    put them into the program so I can regain my sanity.
    this is the only program that I have that has these "problems", all others can be exited and start-up scanning disabled.

Please, many pleases.

2. John_M

John_M Registered Member

If you go in advanced mode to Tools>Scheduler you will see what you're looking for with regard to problem #2.
    By the way,unless you are restarting your computer so often for a reason like frequent software (un)installing, you might want to consider using standby.
    You won't have to wait for startup times and reloading your programs and whatnot every time.

3. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

Thanks,
    I have to disable the anti-virus & anti-spyware because I do video editing and it makes that a lot easier with them off, no problems then with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.