I got a copy of Raxco FD-ISR ?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Chuck57, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

EASTER, a bit off topic. I'm about as dense as they come sometimes. I was going through some CD's I have and discovered that sometime back back I got a copy of Raxco FD-ISR. I don't even remember buying it. It's version 1.10.173.

I never installed it for some reason. Anyhow, is this version still worth using or is it obsolete? Tell me I didn't blow my money and am now left with useless software.

Now, I think I'll go through the rest of my CD's and find out what else I've got that I bought and never used.

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Re: Returnil and nothing else

That version is a few back, it changed in mid-stream from the MBR whereas updated versions moved to partition table to avoid conflicts with programs that also make use of the MBR.

Erik or Pete are far more qualified to ease any of those concerns on that version, but frankly Leapfrog came out the gate with the very first version in relatively good working order if i remember correctly.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I think it was a good build. True it uses the mbr as opposed the current version which uses the partition table, but thats fine as long as you don't do exotic dual boot stuff.

Pete

4. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Thank you, Peter. No, no dual boot anything here. Just Win XP Pro sp2.

I guess it's time, since I have it, to install in Returnil to see what it's all about. Maybe I'll luck out and be able to update it to something not quite so out of date, but no matter if it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.