I get the following error:with Dell Optiplex 320

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by danyxxl0, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasonMI

JasonMI Registered Member

When will the new build be released to download from the updates section?

2. clubsceneuk2

clubsceneuk2 Registered Member

I am having the same issue with this and have been in touch with Acronis who have supplied me with an ISO that you can create a boot cd with. It works, however all of our machines have NO cd roms and Acronis say that they can provide me with a copy of the boot files for a usb stick once i purchase the full version (im using the tiral version at the moment).
    Still the good thing is that it boots in to acronis via the cd (i used a usb cd rom) and i managed to do all my tests. I think i will make the plunge and purchase the full version of this in the hope that they can send me the update as promised.;)

3. AltF4

AltF4 Registered Member

Are there any updates to this thread o_O

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello AltF4,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

If you experience the same issue as danyxxl0 described in the very first post of this thread on your Dell OptiPlex computer, please follow the instruction I have provided in post #24 and submit a request for technical support. We will provide you with the link to download the ISO image of Acronis True Image Bootable CD, which should work on your particular system configuration.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. jaouahire

jaouahire Registered Member

Hi guys

I had the same pb a week ago, I resolve it by using Bart PE cd including the Acronis True Image Plugin. I still have the iso file to burn a bootable cd.
    I do not know if it's legall to upload this iso file and share it to resolve this situation. the is file is about 298 MB

Regards

6. como

como Registered Member

I think that the iso file is particular to your setup, that why Acronis ask for so much information about your computer and so may not work on another computer.

7. Acronis Support

Hello jaouahire,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We do appreciate your will to help other users of Acronis True Image to solve the issue. However, please note that creating BartPE-based bootable CD with Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE requires one to have licensed copy of Acronis Software. You may also find this thread <Requires license to distribute BartPE with TI?> interesting.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

8. babaganoosh

babaganoosh Registered Member

well I do have a registered / licensed copy of True Image workstation. is Aronis going to offer the image for bart to registered users, like they do the app itself? I bought TI because it was simple to use. this thread started in December, here it is July and people, at least me, are still having problems with their latest build.

9. okimomale

okimomale Registered Member

It would be great if someone from Acronis would post an update when the company releases a build of TI which has this Dell Optiplex issue resolved.

10. cgoady

cgoady Registered Member

Has this issue been resloved?

11. Acronis Support

Hello all,

We'd like to inform you that the cause of the issue is that Acronis Bootable Media can't obtain the control on USB controller from BIOS. Updating BIOS and/or disabling USB Legacy support can solve this issue. If you still experience this issue even after updating the BIOS, please submit a request for technical support with the link to this thread. We will provide you with the solution as soon as possible.

If you have any further questions concerning our software, please submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

Thank you

--
    Eugene Bogdanov

12. barmstrong

barmstrong Registered Member

I am still getting the same error.
    I have updated the bios.
    I don't see any usb legacy support option in the bios. just usb in general, and I don't wan't to disable that as I need it for using the memory stick that I'm booting these machine from.
    I want to be able to boot from the usb then back up the disk image to another coputer on the network. Then image a new computer from the image on the network.

13. Acronis Support

14. ewtcoma

ewtcoma Registered Member

Has there been a fix for this?

I am in the same situation, I'm using version 9.1 (build 3,887). The machine I'm trying to image is a Dell OptiPlex 320

I got this.
    Loading, Please Wait
    > usb-ohci.c USB HC Takeover Failed!
    > Trying to vfree() nonexistent vm area (f8a92000) usb-ohci.c USB HC
    > Takeover Failed!
    > Trying to vfree() nonexistent vm area (f8a92000) usb-ohci.c USB HC
    > Takeover Failed!
    > Trying to vfree() nonexistent vm area (f8a92000

I also updated to the latest Bios version. I have tried turning the USB off and setting it to no boot.

I have sent an email to the support and they sent me a link to download an ISO image. That does not work either.

The error does not come up now but it does not load to the GUI. It is stuck on the Acronis splash screen.

loading please wait...

This is very frustrating. It would also be nice if they had a real knowledge base instead of links to buy stuff.

Also I like to add that it works good, when it does.

15. ewtcoma

ewtcoma Registered Member

Well I got an email this morning with another ISO and that worked. I'm satisfied and happy.

16. Acronis Support

Hello ewtcoma,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you can use Acronis True Image successfully.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.