I get an error message

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tazlikeegg, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tazlikeegg

tazlikeegg Registered Member

For Create a Bootable Recue Disk. I am using the most current version and I even tried to repair it with a new download. This is the trial version and if the Bootable disk can be made I will definitely buy the software. How do I get past the error message: Error burning the bootable CD-R/CD-RW? I am using a blank CD-R 52x 700MB disk and this message pops up immediately after I hit the Proceed button.

2. tazlikeegg

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tazlikeegg,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

There are several workarounds in case you cannot create Acronis True Image Bootable CD:

1. Please make sure that you are using a blank unformatted CD-R or CD-RW disc, as other types of media cannot be used to create a bootable rescue CD.

2. Boot into Safe mode (press F8 when Windows starts up and choose Safe mode to boot into) and then create Acronis True Image Bootable CD.

3. Update any third-party CD-writing software installed on the computer to the latest version available for free on its respective web-site.

4. Uninstall any CD burning software temporarily and then create Acronis True Image Bootable CD.

5. If you use Windows XP please uncheck the "Enable CD recording on this drive" box in the "Recording" tab (to get to this tab please right click on the CD-drive in "My computer" and choose "Properties").

6. One more workaround:

- Eject any disc from the burner prior to starting the program;
    - Proceed until the program asks for a disc;
    - Insert a disc and then click the OK button to close the tray automatically.

In case none of these tips help then please submit a request for technical support. Attach the link to this thread to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears. We will certainly provide you with the further instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

4. tazlikeegg

Thanks for the reply I will try it now.

5. tazlikeegg

Thanks I tried the easier one without the safe mode and got it to work on the 2nd try. Chalk up another mark for sold if the disk works. Can you tell me if the 27MB disk will return all 3.14GB of info or is this an image?

6. Acronis Support

Hello tazlikeegg,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that Acronis Bootable Rescue CD does not contain an image of the data that you have backed up. It allows you to perform all the operations of Acronis True Image without booting an operating system.

You should create a backup of the data and store it in a hard drive, a set of CDs/DVDs, etc. Then you will be able to boot from Acronis Bootable Rescue CD and restore this image from its location.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

7. tazlikeegg

Not a problem on reply time I was expecting later today since I posted late on Friday. If I am correct you are saying I need a different program to make boot disks. If I am correct can you suggest one to me? I was under the impression your True Image was such.

8. Acronis Support

Hello tazlikeegg,

Please be aware that Acronis True Image 9.0 allows you to create both Bootable Rescue Media (CD or pack of floppies) and an image itself. When your computer is booted from Acronis True Image 9.0 Bootable Rescue Media you can create, restore and check your images in a special "standalone" mode (no Windows or any other applications is running) which is Linux based and called Acronis Rescue Mode. The ability to boot into rescue mode is required in order to be able to restore your system in case Windows does not boot. Please read Acronis True Image 9.0 User's Guide for details.

If you have any further questions on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0, please let us know what exact steps\actions described in the above mentioned User's Guide you can not understand\perform. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.