I Found a Keeper... AhnLab V3 365 Clinic IS Suite

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rodneym, Oct 21, 2017.

1. rodneym

rodneym Registered Member

It runs very fast on my PC...

BUT what I really love about it is it's firewall. It allows you to choose "Ask Me", for your installed software, it allows the OS to work, but your installed software has to ask.

I install it, then double click everything on my dock, one at a time, the firewall prompts me and asks "allow or deny"... I chose "show details", so everything that needs approval, shows me a detailed (who is it, and where is it located, and what is it related too).... VERY NICE.

So basically you get a great AV / Anti-malware ETC, and a Firewall that gives you great control, similar to Zone alarm, or the popular 3rd party add-ons to Windows firewall.

I bought it here: http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=819585756

It was only $35.00, including shipping... Normal price is over 30 bucks, so its like getting free shipping, should be here in 2 weeks.

See screen shots here: https://imgur.com/a/OThND

2. rodneym

Yes it was a 3 strikes your out ban, from that other website, sorry guys.

3. rodneym

Really liking this software, just spreading the word.

4. NiteRanger

NiteRanger Registered Member

So, you are using a trial software for now? If yes, where's the link to download the trial software?

BTW, what are they sending you? A CD or a USB thumb drive with a license key in it?

Thanks

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

@NiteRanger Here is the link to the product's webpage.
    http://www.ahnlab.com/kr/site/product/productView.do?prodSeq=15
    It's in Korean, but you can translate it with a Chrome based browser. You need to register for an account and then sign into your account from V3 after installing it, to activate the trial.

Although the website is in Korean, 365 Clinic does install in English.

6. Circuit

Circuit Registered Member

No thanks.
    Not going to translate, especially with chrome.

7. rodneym

Thanks Roger, Your a big help...Yes, got banned. I'm really not sure why, they seem awful sensitive over there. I got one notice "don't threaten members"o_O? I said What! I never threatened anyone... Not sure maybe English is not the mods native language, but I'm sure they are good guys.... They seemed offended when my response to their last complaint was "WOW!"

8. rodneym

trial was like Roger said... . Not sure what they are mailing, could be a CD, DVD, or USB

9. NiteRanger

You mean you participate in their forums and got banned?

10. rodneym

Yea. I was shocked that they even had complaints against me...Seems a very emotional / sensitive atmosphere over there ?

11. NiteRanger

You should start off by telling them you are a North Korean and they'll sure to help you. They are very willing to help their North counterpart brothers

:p

12. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

13. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

Sorry OP. But this AnLab stuff are normally ranked at the bottom of the all AVs in terms of detection capacity.
    Also, ads are not allowed here I remember?

14. roger_m

It's been doing fairly well lately in tests at AV-Test. The last time it was tested, it got a higher protection score than ESET.

15. roger_m

He was banned from MalwareTips not AhnLab.

16. NiteRanger

17. rodneym

Sorry Mod just trying to be nice and help out. Just to be clear it is a trial license anyone can download...BUT you have to navigate thru the Korean website and that is tough.

18. rodneym

So true, ranking well on about 4 or 5 sites I looked at. I'm really liking the firewall.

19. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

About AhnLab- As noted above, it formerly was pretty sucky, but in recent years there has been a "prodding" by the S Korean government (primarily the MND) to increase the quality of domestic security apps due to issues with the Northern neighbor. So yeah, AhnLab has dramatically improved, with detection rates on par (at least) with the likes of Avast.

HOWEVER- God forbid if you run a Worm. But this lack of scriptor protection is not unique to AhnLab. Personally I wonder if its due to the GatherNetworkInfo vbs script that all recent Windows versions have under Scheduled Tasks (can't have those FP's!). Running AnhLab on Win10 versus using earlier Windows builds will obviously minimize this threat, but this protection lack should be nonetheless acknowledged.

Anyway, AhnLab is indeed very good- but it certainly does not rise to the level of virtualization.

20. itman

itman Registered Member

This would only be true if AnhLab is using Win 10 AMSI protection which is doubtful. AMSI allows the AV to examine PowerShell, wscript, and cscript based scripts prior to execution. The other point is if AnhLab is using Win 10's ELAM driver; again doubtful.

21. NiteRanger

OK, post here and at MT forums when you receive the item. I would like to know whether you receive just the license key and does it include the software as well. If you receive both then I'll order from the above site

I can't surf that Korean site without translation by Google which, unfortunately, is not working

Thanks

22. rodneym

Thanks CS... You're the Wo-Man.

23. rodneym

NR... I understand it to be a retail box, and the 30 some dollars includes shipping....Either way, no matter what, it's not bad since it sells for 30+ dollars on the Ahnlab website.

I can't post at MT Forums...Those guys are just way to emotional and sensitive for me...Every time I turn around I'm getting a warning, like "don't answer individuals in separate posts, answer them all in one post".... or "watch your language" I think I typed the word damn? or "don't threaten members", to which I replied "What" I never threatened anyone, you better get your facts straight.... So anyway I'm done there, can't deal with all that emotion, like arguing with my sister.

24. rodneym

I would hope they Ahnlab would put the trial version of V9 on some download sites, like they did on version 8....

Mods don't want you to share addresses and I understand. I would think Po Box would be OK.

I would share the 30 day trial version, which is not licensed to me, with others, just so they can test it, at which point after 30 days you have to buy it, or uninstall it.

Shame to not promote such a nice product...Haven't seen a firewall / AV combo this good for a long time.. Go here: https://imgur.com/a/OThND (see 11th photo as you scroll down).

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  25. rodneym

I can zip / span the trial and email it to people too. Unless mod is not in favor...

Again it is a 30 day free trial, unlicensed, and not attached to anyone or any account.

When the 30 days is up, then you have to buy it, or uninstall it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.