I don't understand the "Download" logic for Nod32! Need exclamation!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bostonfan49, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bostonfan49

bostonfan49 Registered Member

I recently downloaded Nod 32 AV on my old IBM Think Pad (running XP Pro) During the download, I get the message that in order to continue with the download I must turn off my existing AV....What? I have an open internet connection and Nod wants me to turn my AV offo_Oo_O I am obviously missing something here! Sure, turn off my AV and continue downloading a program with no AV running. Sorry but I can't do that...I simply waited until Nod 32 had downloaded, THEN, I terminated my internet connection and uninstalled my old AV and then I installed my new Nod 32 program. I don't understand Nod's logic to uninstall an AV when you are leaving yourself exposed....Please explain! I do however appreciate the neat uninstallers that come with the package!!! Thanks, Bill

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

The list of AV uninstallers, should you have any issues uninstalling your current AV, is here

You would, of course, download your newly purchased AV, uninstall your old AV, go offline install, reboot, (required) fetch the latest updates and you should be good to go.

3. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Where did you download your copy of NOD32? I never seen such message which your are referring to, especially not during a download.

The quote siljaline posted is what is being said on the download page, which is not telling you to turn off any AV during download, but to do so before installation.

4. bostonfan49

bostonfan49 Registered Member

...thanks Brambb & Siljaline! (Ref:The quote siljaline posted is what is being said on the download page, which is not telling you to turn off any AV during download, but to do so before installation.) *That's what I did on my other download!! I will check their instructions again but I could have been wrong....thanks for the clarification!!!!!! Bill

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Good to know that you are more clear as to how to proceed.
    Keep us posted.

6. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

This is a common mis-understanding / mistake. I come across clients all the time that have uninstalled their Anti Virus when installing another program or printer driver because "they were told to do so", when it actually asks you just to disable it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.