I cant use full version when booting from CD.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by enry, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enry

enry Registered Member

To start with I'm just a newbie so please do help me.

Here's a couple of info:
    Laptop is an Acer Aspire 5550series.
    Model: 5551AWXCi
    intel chipset (no idea what version)
    256 memory
    internal CD-DVD rom drive
    External USB Samsung DVDRW
    60Gb HD: 3 Partition (EISA/c:/d: )
    The recovery CD that comes with it sucks. It only restore the windows system. I'm looking for a third party backup software that would restore my system to the current state with all other software that ive used installed.
    and to reduce the time of installing the software and configuring it one by one.
    ----------------------------

heres what i did.

I've installed ATI-Home trial.

After installing ATIH i made a couple of test backup and save it to Drive d:
    -First i made an images of the C: drives (not include the EISA and D:\ drive)
    -second i made an image based on files and folders (all local drives)
    -both using full backup archive options

I also created a bootable rescue media CD from my samsung usb dvdrw using dvd-r disk.

My first test, i remove the external USB drive and put the rescue media bootdisk to the laptop CD-DVD rom.

After booting from the CD and selecting the full version the screen suddenly turns blank and after a couple of minutes of waiting i rebooted the laptop and boot again from the CD but this time i've selected safe version.

I was able to see the local drives (C:\ and D:\ ) and select the tib file from the drive d:.

i was able to restore the second image (entire drive C: ) that i made and then restart again and see that all is working perfectly.

Tried booting again from CD using safe version but this time I'm thinking of testing the first image that i made. when i was about to run the image theres
    a message popup that says like "restoring drive C: will also delete other partition not included in the image" something like that so i didnt continue restoring the first image that i made.

Well anyway so i was thinking what if i backup all the entire harddisk including the hidden partition (EISA <-- dunno whats this do and drive D:\) maybe i can now test restoring image partition of a specific drive like lets says drive c:\.

So i made another backup of the entire harddrive partition and save it to another DVD-r disk i also include in the media component option to install both full and safe version in fact ive selected all option from general and advance tab.

The files was about 2.7gb with acronis bootloader included to the image dvd disk i've created.

So heres the deal after booting from the second DVD ive created. i still cant access the full version and so i have no choice but to select the safe version otherwise windows.

The problem here is that when using safe version, i wasnt able to see both my built-in cd-dvd rom and the external USB dvdrw, only local drives.
    what i want to accomplish is to access the CD drive (either of the two) for me to run the backup that ive save from there.

i have no intention of installing or configuring recovery manager since its also resides from the local drives. what i only want to accomplish is to have a recovery disk with my image file in it and save it in a seperate DVD-r media. that i can use to restore my system in case of major problem.

i still have a couple of days to go before the software expired.

Sorry for my bad english.
    Thank for reading and sharing your ideas.

2. crypto1701

crypto1701 Registered Member

Same here, on an Intel D945GNT. I opened a ticket on it.

3. enry

enry Registered Member

let me know if you had it working.

i hope theres someone out there that could help us.

up.

4. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Someone said, "I also created a bootable rescue media CD from my samsung usb dvdrw using dvd-r disk."

I'm not sure you can use dvd media for the Rescue CD. Try a cd instead.

5. enry

enry Registered Member

hi,

i created a rescue media from both cd-r and dvd-r and dvd-rw, all of them works fine, still the same i can boot from all of them but only in safe mode version. when i choose the full version my screen turns blank, is this has something to do with the drivers?

1.) need to access the fullversion from the bootable rescue disk so i can access my image file save on the same disk.
    2.) is there another way that i can access the image file ive created in a disk? and run a restore successfully?

:'(

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Sounds like TI has a video driver problem.

If you can boot the CD and press F11 and get to the command prompt, you'll see the word quiet remove this and type in full. You should then see a whole list of things scrolling up the screen - the entry at which it stops is most likely the point or driver that is casuing a problem.

Colin

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello enry and crypto1701,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all would like to tell that Acronis True Image Bootable Media can be created on CD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, several formatted diskettes (the wizard will tell you the exact number), or any other media your computer can boot from, such as a Zip drive. Please also note that Acronis True Image Home safe version does not include USB, PC Card, or SCSI drivers.

As for the issue you have experienced please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.