I can't make Spywareblaster work, because error code 4

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by rodot, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodot

rodot Registered Member

it says error while unpacking program,code 4,please report to author.

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

A quick search of the Forum produces this THREAD which links to another THREAD. Hope this helps.

3. rodot

rodot Registered Member

thanks mate, i have sent an email to that address and will see what happens.

4. rodot

rodot Registered Member

is this still open. i am new to working with forums. retorical question.

5. rodot

rodot Registered Member

6. rodot

rodot Registered Member

Happy Me! i ran avg free edition and spybot search and destroy and free internet erasor . then kept my main browser page on, sent this link http://javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html and reinstalled spywareblaster over the top (it said you already have it ,do you want to reinstall?) i said yes. Now it is up and running perfectly. thanks also to the guy from central ohio u.s.a. who is on this thread somewhere. I still cant seem to find my way back on this forum. but thanks mate.

7. ThunderZ

Glad you got it all worked out. Thanks for taking the time to post back with your fix.
    But I`m a bit puzzled. :blink: I do`t understand this statment;

8. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

rodot,

when u say u can't you're way back to this forum do u mean trying to locate this thread?

If so, to find all your posts just go into your profile and you'll see under Forum Info links to your posts and threads started.

snowbound

9. rodot

rodot Registered Member

i am new at working with a forum and was finding it difficult to navigate but even in this short time i have become more apt at it. i as all, want the answers quicker than i can use the tools that provide them!*

10. rodot

rodot Registered Member

snowbound: thanks, that'll make it easier.

11. ThunderZ

Do`t we all. :D Hope you will stick around now that you have learned the lay of the land and how to navigate it. A lot of good people and great free top notch advice to be had.

12. rodot

rodot Registered Member

o_O o_O now i am wondering, that having had this problem fixed do i continue working on this thread to ask many more questions about other things or am i supposed to stop this thread somehow, and open up a new thread with different questions. do i have to log off when i shut down for the night or just click the X at the top and hope for the best?

13. ThunderZ

You can end this thread simply by no longer posting to it. If you have other questions, choose the proper sub-forum and ask away.

That depends on your preference, also how you have your browser of choice set to handle cookies.

14. rodot

rodot Registered Member

Boy am I annoyed, spyware blaster has blasted out of existence...AGAIN.
    It is blatently obvious that i have a BUG. I know what it is. it is a very tricky trojan horse. I have been tracking this horse 4 a while, i think it is changing it's name frequently. on reboot it surfaces again. Boy am I cross. this is a message from rodot. if i could find the file, i would rename it and then delete it.

15. snowbound

Looks like u need HijackThis analysis to rid your system of any existing malware.

If u would like u could post a log over at this forum,

http://forum.gladiator-antivirus.com/index.php?showtopic=10517

Just follow the instructions at the link, post your log at Gladiators and the malware experts there will assist u on removal of any existing infections.

Be patient as that is a very busy forum.

snowbound

16. rodot

rodot Registered Member

Thank you, I have now downloaded "Hijack This" I have been looking for this for a long time. I don't know really what to do with it. I still wish I could make spywareblaster work.

17. snowbound

It's wise not to fix anything yourself with HijackThis. As i said, post the log over at Gladiators forum and the experts there will analyze it for u.

If the issue is infection related, what i posted above will hopefully take care of it.

snowbound

18. rodot

rodot Registered Member

what i have done is, downloaded "hijack this" pressed the wrong buttons. wrecked my computer to that i could no longer make it function. i also had a bug. a trojan which i could not get rid of.it was a nasty piece of work and no amount of brains could fix it.when my computer no longer worked, i put in the disk WIN 98 and redid my computer. i didn't really lose any of my stuff and now my computer works fine.I had to reload AVG free edition 'cause that got cactus and also reload my fire wall R-TT cause that got cactus too. then i ran AVG then SPYBOT S@D. then i uninstalled SPYWAREBLASTER and then REINSTALLED it from a different place. ( not the 1st one on the menue of those that offer the install service) Then i opened the file, not saved it,and THE THING WORKED. now i am a happy Larry. i wish to thank those that offered me support.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.