I cannot download installation file

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by matousmp, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matousmp

matousmp Registered Member

I have lost my installation file of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home Upgrade but I'm not able to download it. It looks like downloading starts but after a while it stops and I get blank Microsoft Internet Explorer window with very small icon in upper left corner. Inside of this icon are tiny red square, green disc, and blue triangle. Cann somebody tell me what is going on in my computer?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If it is similar to the below pic....that is usually indicative of disabled ActiveX content. Would you mind sharing a link to this download Please. Also....if it's an Acronis link....place the site into IE's Trusted Zone and see what happens.

Bubba

Attached Files:

3. matousmp

Thank you BUBBA,
    finally somebody knows what I am talking about - that mysterious icon! I have done what you suggested but unfortunately I am stil not able to download from
    Acronis
    ~~ snipped - link was a personalized, customer only download link ~~ LWM

Ahead - Nero6
    ftp://ftp1.use.nero.com/Nero-6.6.1.4_no_yt.exe

and others.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2006
  4. matousmp

Sorry Bubba,
    Acronis link is

~ snipped....link was a personalized, customer only download link....Bubba~

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2006
  5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

hmm, the link works for me. maybe u could try using a different browser or a download manager?

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello matousmp,

As noted in your 2 posts containing the Acronis link....We have removed the link for the reasons given.

Since you are experiencing this with FTP executable downloads also....We can possibly assist still without needing the personalized Acronis link.

Having said that....I am not yet able to reproduce this yet with IE so I'm wondering if you have another browser if you are seeing this same problem ?

Also....what version of Internet Explorer are you using and since both the HTTP and FTP executable downloads were approx. 80 MB in size....is this happening on much smaller executable downloads also ?

Bubba

Last edited: Aug 26, 2006
  7. matousmp

Hello Bubba,
    I am using IE6 but I tried Netscape 8.1 and smaller download (10.21) today
    httpdl2.use.nero.com/InCD-4.3.23.2.exe
    and it didn't work either. Milan

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Ok....since Netscape is giving the same results....I feel we can eliminate ActiveX as being part of the equation.

Let's see....IE will not download executables from HTTP nor FTP protocols and they both present the red square, green disc, and blue triangle ??

What type message do you get from Netscape ?

What operating system ?
    Who is your ISP ?
    Do you use a proxie ?
    If you use a firewall....which one and have you tried temporarily disabling that firewall to see what happens ?

Can you download the below 213 KB file ?

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/supportfiles/HijackThis1991.exe

9. matousmp

Hello Bubba,
    here are some ansvers on your questions.
    When downloading using Netscape it starts but never finishes and I get no message.
    I am using Windows XP Professional SP2
    My ISP is RogersYahoo HI Speednternet - Toronto's major cable company
    I do not use a proxie
    My firewall is Zone Alarm Pro. I did try downloading with Zone and Windows firewalls turned off (and McAfee antivires off too) but nothing changed
    There is no problem with automatic downloads from Zone, McAfee and Microsoft, but relatively miner update of Zone firewall didn't work.
    I tried to download some small file (170MB), I was asked to download Free Download Manager (4.82MB!) first and it was succesful!
    If I remember correctly my problems started about the time when I installed, tried and uninstalled IE7 beta 2. Now I am back to IE 6 and when I tried download IE beta 3. it didn't work.

10. matousmp

Hello Bubba,
    You are already giving up on me or just too busy? Please help, you are my only hope! Milan

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2007
  11. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

My .02. Erroneous hosts file entry or malware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.