I can boot only from "safe verzion"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by daniels001, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daniels001

daniels001 Registered Member

I have Acronis True Image Home 10.0, I made a bootable CD and now I can boot only from "Safe verzion" and can't boot from "full verzion"
    and booting and restoring from !safe verzion" is too slow. :mad:

On monitor I read:

Kernell BUG at generic. C:115!
    Invalid operated: 0000
    CPU:1

Could You hepl me? thx.
    my PC : core2duo 6300, motherboard gygabyte DS3 (intel P965 chipset), 250GB Western Digital SATAII

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Your problem is most likely with the Intel P965 chipset which is not supported at the moment. Try building a BartPE CD Bart's Preinstalled Environment ( BartPE ) bootable live windows CD/DVD with one of Mustang's Plugins.
    Mustang also has written Begginer's Guide to Creating a BartPE CD.

3. daniels001

daniels001 Registered Member

ok, thanks for quick answer.
    it's a difficult for me but now i am going to try building a BartPE CD

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello daniels001,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that this issue has already been fixed in the latest build (4940) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. SBacklin

SBacklin Registered Member

I have the same issue. Although, I am not sure if the cause is the same. I have Vista Home Premium and TI10 Home. Every time I try to boot from the TI 10 CD or the Full Version off a burned recovery media, it freezes. The TI will load, I will click on Recovery and then when I click "ok" on the window that pops up, it freezes. It freezes at the point right before it would analyze partitions. If I try to use the Startup Manager, I get the same exact result. If I begin the recovery process from within Windows, it will do its thing, then reboot, but when the progress window pops up and the process is about to begin, it freezes then too. The only way I can get it to work is to burn a safe mode version onto a cd. Why is that? I didn't have this issue in XP. I downloaded the recently upgrade to TI10 and created the full version bootable media from it and still had the same problem of it freezing after I click 'ok'. Can anyone give me some information as to what is going on? Also, is there a way to get Startup Manager to use the Safe Version instead of the Full Version so I can take advantage of it?

6. SBacklin

SBacklin Registered Member

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SBacklin,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Acronis Startup Recovery Manager does not have an option to load as a safe version.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.