I by accident got 1-day more in the trial..

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by nowshining, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nowshining

nowshining Registered Member

yep, i was wondering - trying to disable the 14 day trial period and go straight to the free version that is limited, well after i set my clock one month exactly higher, and back, I was able to get 1 more day in the trial, well it now says 15-days left as I just downloaded it before posting this..sometime before.....

:) strange and as of this post I am using the latest version.....i think beta tho..anyway..just to let you guys know..

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

The beta isnt time-limited. It will continue working with just occasional nags from George the ghost.

3. nowshining

nowshining Registered Member

ahhhh, okay then... the version doesn't say beta, i just clicked download and it said beta in the file name... ??

EDIT: the taskbar well i use litestep and only look at tasks, and it says beta, v1.110

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Last I remember, AppDefend was still a beta product. I dont know if there is a nonbeta.

5. Mark Klomp

Mark Klomp Registered Member

Hey ye, you can do that with most shareware....
    Actually I find the nag screen a bit irritating of AppDefend, it's too obtrusive.
    It's quite enough to show just the nag when the trial is expired.
    Furthermore the program is great, and I can tell you that I have 165 applications being add to the AppDefend list. You know... you have to add them all which is quite a time consuming job, only windows alone already has many application exe's which got to be added. For this reason it would be more relaxed if the program included some sort of scanner, which scan's for application exe's. Or maybe just all legitimate windows exe's have to be added already in the .Default app rule. Then I can tell that it would be handy if the program includes an auto updated database from example: http://www.processlibrary.com/ . So that the program can identify the process which is trying to execute in the alert window. Maybe you could include a ''legitimate'' or ''not''-routine based on the www.processlibrary.com, so that legitimate apps automatically get added and the harmfull apps also automatically get blocked, so that only the zero day threat's can be let over to the human brain decisioning system/process. Furthermore it would be handy if the program can know when a program is automatically run, or by hand. You know, the chance of being infected is higher with an automatic run, than a manual run of an exe. These could be some features that might be added in prospective. On the contrary Appdefend doesn't crash when many apps are added, while ProcessGuard did. This already is a huge plus for me.

Thanks for listening to my post,
    (ps:. I didn't wanted to start a new thread about this cause I think it would be a waste of space)

Greet's,
    the one and only Mr. Klomp

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.