I bought this firewall but order not processed

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by l2006, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. l2006

l2006 Registered Member

How many days before I get charged? I bought this firewall Look 'N' Stop a few days ago, but my registration number has not arrived (nor has the order been processed).

note to Frederick:

1. You need better order support--outsource it--there should be 24 hour turnaround

2. Are you planning to introduce preemptive multtasking in your next version of Look 'N' Stop for the Intel dual core chips that Vista will use, going forward? It would be a major rewrite of your program, I would imagine. ;-)

L

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Most of the time the order and the registration emails are received few minutes after the online purchase.
    It happens sometimes RegSoft (actually, we have already outsourced ;) ) takes more time to validate the order, or considers the order wrongly as a fraudulent one (but this is very rare).
    And sometimes emails are sent we not received... (because of spam filter, mailbox full..., or any other ISP issues).

Just send me your order ID or your tracking ID (if you didn't receive the Order Id from RegSoft) in a PM, and I will look at your order status.

Not sure if you are talking about preemptive multitasking as something to be compatible with, or something that could enhance Look n' Stop performances somehow.

Regards,

Frederic

3. l2006

l2006 Registered Member

Well, I'm posting from the Balkans, where "very rare" is "very common" :D I'll email you my situation. Sometimes credit card companies block transactions from this part of the world, though I thought I'd unblocked this card.

If you're not sure, then I'm certainly not sure! :D I code for a hobby, and just finished the surprisingly excellent Chapman book "Visual C++.NET in 21 Days" (21 Days series is always suspect, but this book was good), and the chapter on multitasking ("mutexes", "semaphores", etc!). Perhaps multitasking will not really help a 'simple' program like L'n'S. Rooting around in the net, I found this interesting thread that addresses this issue: http://www.apcstart.com/node/3906

So it seems that most desktop applications have not been written for multitasking, much less a 'simple' utility as L'n'S. I would not be surprised if there's code out there, from pre-1995, that employs 'near' and 'far' pointers either! :p

Anyway, enough off-topic stuff for now...feel free to let us know where you post vis-a-vis programming topics, since I like asking questions to professional programmers.

l2006

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Look 'n' Stop is a multi-threaded application. Of course all multitasking technics (mutex...) are used to avoid issues, in the Application and in drivers as well.
    There should be no issue on dual core machine (and actually I'm running LnS on a AMD-X2 under WinXP-Pro or Vista with no issue related to that).
    Even without dual cores, HyperThreading technology required the design about multi-tasking to be clean (and we had an issue in the driver during some times because of that).
    On the performance aspects, of course Look 'n' Stop uses different threads when required, in order to not block the GUI as soon as something taking time has to be done.

Regards,

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.