I am wondering

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Kees1958, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Comodo folks
    Comodo is a good HIPS/FW with an AV. It causes a lot of discussion with bold claims for the future and easy manipulation of the past. See for instance the claim at release 2 https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=943637&postcount=1

CIS3 was not the first release of Comodo AV, it was their third release, comodo release 1 dated from end 2005 or early 2006 (see pic)

Returnil as an example
    Returnil home free also has an AV. No Returnil user is claiming that Returnil home free is the best AV around and soon will head the rest of AV companies leaning on ancient defense apporaches. IMO a partition virtualisation HIPS with an AV add-on could make the same bold claims as a classical HIPS with a AV add-on could (unbeatable pro-active protection).

My 2 cents
    I value Comodo for making available good freeware (Like CFW or CTM), I am amazed on some hasty releases and withdrawels of new softs (Cloudscanner and Disk Virtualisation) in regard to their enormeous claims. But I would not want to miss them, overall security is boring and they make it funny sometimes even hilarious.

So I am wondering how boring would security be without Melih?

Attached Files:

2. Jav

Jav Guest

Kees I do respect you and I do support you on those statements.
    But I am afraid this topic will start flame wars soon.
    So, just think about it. Is it worth it?

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

This is not really a valid topic for these forums since the only new point/question seems to be "How entertaining is it to have discussions about Comodo?" Nothing good can come of this (as Jav notes).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.