I am waiting for the new 500GB Seagate USB Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by John Craig, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Craig

John Craig Registered Member

What I want to do is create a small bootable partition and load on windows XP (. TI will be installed on this drive as well)

Then I can go from client to client and restore their trashed systems by whipping out my bootable hard drive and restoring the individual image. I will have room for many of my clients images and will only have to carry around one external drive.

Can Acronis TI handle it?

2. simusphere

simusphere Registered Member

Why not? This is imaging software that can easily utilize local hard drive space. I would use the network to do this though that way you only need the recovery CD and thats it.

All you need to do is test the external hard drive and make sure it works OK on all the machines you plan to use it on with the trial version of the software. If it works your golden.

3. John Craig

That is what I hoped. Most of my clients computers are fairly recent and should boot to a USB external drive. I could bring my drive with me, boot to it on the clients computer and run TI to restore the image on the clients computer. I wonder if there would be any problems with the drive letter designation when the user restarts their computer with the restored image? Also, I am pretty sure I do not need to use recovery cds with this method.

Any comments by Acronis techs?

4. simusphere

Assuming all clients have the same hardware (especially motherboard) this will work for you. If not your going to need the recovery CD or a special partition that has the same thing the bootable CD has on it.

I still think it would be easier to do all of this over the network and just use your 500G disk in a server.

5. myluvnttl

myluvnttl Registered Member

Wow a 500gig HDD? I would think TrueImage would handle that with no problem. I used TI Enterprise Server for my nodes.

Just make sure you divide the 500 to smaller partition, easy to handle and better then losing the whole 500gig due to a virus attack. :ninja:

6. John Craig

simusphere, you have it!!
    I was worried about the different client hardware configurations when I bring my external USB drive to the clients. I could, as you suggested, create a bootable partition on my external drive with the bootable CD image on it. All problems solved, I think.

I am going to post a new thread with this exact question and ask for Acronis tech support suggestions.

Thanks again simusphere.

7. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

JUST CREATE 1_IMAGE_4_ALL

ENJOY!@!

~~ snip ~~

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2005
  8. simusphere

Jeremy, that was a cool thread. It was a little deeper than I usually go but it might be worth while to check out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.