I am vulnerable ^^

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by dorgane, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dorgane

dorgane Guest

hi,
    i test in this url :
    http://www.finjan.com/Content.aspx?id=577

Ddos :

VBDemo :

and others...

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

That is more an issue with applications having outstanding vulnerabilities that need to be patched. Why would the AV scanner detect this when nothing malicious is happening?

3. dorgane

dorgane Guest

ooooo

powned...
    hacked.JPG

use eset smart security 4.0.417...

4. dorgane

dorgane Guest

I use IE8 on xp pro with all updates (java, flash, ie8, os are patch and legal !)

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello,
    the first link says it wasnt blocked with IE8
    but when you click on run test you should have a yelllow ballon popup at the top of the window saying this website wants to install something.
    in otherwords it is blocked...
    if you accepted that warning and installed the conponant that it wanted to install its your own fault and would be in the case of a real threat.

only works with IE because it uses activex... doesnt work with opera or anything web browser.

while IE8 is the only browser it works with IE8 still blocks it and asks the user if they wish to install it.

its quite funny that the one thats meant to drop a folder and a text file to the C: drive said it wasnt blocked yet nothing has appeared on C:
    i thought finjan knew what they was doing. seems i was wrong.

all i can say is standard user account IE protected mode and UAC work very well.

BTW what type of account do you use?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This thread would deserve moving to a completely different forum where general security and vulnerability problems are discussed.

7. dorgane

dorgane Guest

automatic translation:
    I do not agree. When a worrm virus from msn, you accept it anyway and still protects nod32.
    I think a module: "prevention exploit" would be great!
    it would block this type of script.

8. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Lots of threats are detected heuristically through the exploits. This is not an exploit and it is not a threat, it is simply you clicking ok to a download, understand?

9. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

I'm protected on IE7 :'( I have the security policy set on high by default so all of those tests are a pass for me :D

10. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

So you're asking your antivirus product to surplant the security framework of a completely different application as well as somehow "patching" buffer overflows?

That's just plain silly.

11. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

This test is meaningless. Why would you run an unknown ActiveX on your machine? It's no different than running any other executable, for that matter.

Go ahead and delete a few .sys files ... Same thing.

Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.