i am trying the trial version

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by gkweb, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hi there,

i am a NAV 2004 user, but it eat a lot of ressources as you probably know...

So i am giving a try to NOD32 which seems pretty light and fast :)
    However, i would like to heard some user experience about why NOD32 would be better (at least why it is good) and also links to AV tests showing
    NOD32.

I before all need good heuristic and ingoing mail scanning (that i have already found and activated).
    NOD32 settings are sufficiently intuitive for me, i was able at first glance to configure it totally, may be i missed something but i don't think.

Thanks in advance for your input about it.
    (if you like it, explain me why ;) )

EDIT : does NOD32 has really _daily_ update ?

2. gkweb

i have read a lot of anti-NOD thread on another forum...

anyone here to show me that NOD32 is good ??

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

gkweb,

You will read all kinds of comments in regard to all antiviruses on all boards - and use net as well for that matter ;).

This is no contest forum - it's a support forum. Take your time reading the Eset Forum(s) - and after doing so, why not give the trial a go and judge for yourself? ;) Looking upon your track record on this board, seems like the way not that uncommon to you :D

regards.

paul

4. gkweb

I will for sure :)

indeed ;)

Requesting user experiences was just to give me a first view.
    On my side NOD32 detects as well as my previous (temporarly disabled) AV the Swen virus that i keep receiving by mail. So, so far so good, but I will try to learn more about NOD32 :)

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

gkweb,

Looks like you already have one - from own experience :D

regards.

paul

6. gkweb

really good, NOD32 in addition to catch Swen.A and Swen.B today has caught Bagle.A in one mail :)

I just have a question : after i update NOD32, the IMON module displays that it use the new update, but AMON says it still use the previous one, is it a display bug or have i really to restart the computer ?

7. sig

sig Registered Member

I just updated the definitions and without closing the control center Amon now shows today's update. You shouldn't have to restart after an sig def update.

BTW, NOD isn't necessarily updated daily, but sometimes it is. Sometimes more than once daily. Sunday there was an update for the Bagel/Beagle worm.

8. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

gkweb,

You asked for user experiences: users of NOD32 were protected from the Bagle worm even BEFORE it was released into the wild, due to NOD32's heuristic ability! :)

That's where the rubber meets the road--in actual, everyday use, against ITW threats that you are likely to see. ;)

Unfortunately, a couple of the "heavy-hitter" AV's got caught with egg on their face when this worm hit.

I forecast some heated "conversations" on the security forums in the next couple of weeks! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.