I am trying a combo, bluepoint, prevx, comodo & mbam

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Subgud, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

Hi!

In my search for a security solution that I can be satisfied with, and that I can feel safe with, I have tried, almost every suite from the big and small vendors.

I thought I would try something new. I have a license for prevx&safe online, so I installed it. I also have a license for bluepoint, so I installed that one as well, and as I was in need for a firewall and comodo was the first thing that came to my mind I install it to.

After installing all these, I thought that since I have a license for malwarebytes, why not install that as well, and I did. I am not running it in realtime. It starts with my computer and I have scheduled it to scan automaticly once pr week and autoupdate every day.

Comodo is configured with maximum defense plus, bluepoint default, prevx default.

I am surprised how light it is. I cant feel any drag on my laptop.

So I wonder, would any of these interfer with eachother? Are there some modules that will work againt eachother?

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Is this for a desk top? Also what is bluepoint?

3. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Blue Point Security

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg1_vcLzfSU-

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2010
  4. pegr

pegr Registered Member

You've got some duplication there, but they shouldn't conflict.

As BPS and Prevx are both antivirus, you are right in not running MBAM's real-time protection. It looks as though you have only installed the Comodo firewall and not the full security suite, so you shouldn't have any problems there. You do have some duplication between BPS and Comodo Defense+ as both have whitelisting and anti-execute features.

A cheaper option that would give similar protection would be to keep the Comodo firewall (with D+ enabled) and Prevx with SafeOnline, but scrap BPS and install a good free antivirus instead (or even CIS if you like Comodo and want to keep things simple). If you particularly like BPS though and are prepared to pay for it then fair enough. :)

5. icr

icr Registered Member

@Subgud

Your setup looks quite good. And I don't think PrevX will conflict with your AV actually it is made to work with almost any AV out there;) . Regarding the BPS I haven't used it so I don't know anything about it:doubt:

6. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

Thank you for your replies :thumb:

Good to hear some advice. I like bluepoint because it is light and easy to understand. Prevx is the same. I think I might ditch comodo firewall and use the w7 build in FW.

Thanks again :argh: :thumb:

7. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

How is BluePoint's detection?

8. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

Well, I have seen a test from malwareresearchgroup

http://malwareresearchgroup.com/?page_id=186

Take a look at "MRG On Demand and System Rescue test" It is nr 4 from the top.

I have seen some videos at youtube, miroz, languy99 etc. It scores very well. You have to answer some popups it seems like, but its light and easy.

9. Pedersen

Pedersen Registered Member

Bluepoint is light but overkilling!! it just flag every unknown files as a risk and block them, it takes weeks before they get white listed.. i wont use it again. :doubt:

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i rather get some ting block and then manually added as safe than a missed :)

11. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Are MRG reviews trustworthy? It also pulls comodo at top. I doubt....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.