I am confused, help!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dancertm, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dancertm

dancertm Registered Member

I have my own domain, and use Wordpress 2.2. Recently I am getting a threat message when I go to my homepage saying that wp-stats.php is a virus threat, but for the life of me, unless someone hacked into where my domain is housed, there can't be a threat. I asked the company which houses my site if they perform a virus check, and they do and suggested that NOD32 is giving me a false positive.

Has anyone experienced this using wordpress? How do I discern if my directory inside my host server is infected or if my site got hacked?

dancertm.net is my site, there is nothing racey about it, or anything like that. Any help would be appreciated, in the 15 years on the net I've not experience anything like this.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2008
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello dancertm,

I modified the link to your site until an ESET moderator can examine it.

The site does give a heuristic detection of a possible problem.

3. dancertm

dancertm Registered Member

Not sure what modified means. When I update the page I do it on line, and don't upload via FTP like on the old days, so I can't imagine something coming from my home computer. When I asked my server host if they run virus protection, they said they do and my directories are clean. I don't quite see how ESET could read a positive, but who knows, bad guys are tricky.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.