Hum. explorer shells.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sosaiso, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

Okay, once again, feeling brave I decided to install and try litestep today. Looking through about 500 skins to pick the perfect one. Except loading windows was painfullly slow. And the fact that I don't have winamp doesn't help much either. I don't think Litestep is for me.

I once had WindowsBlinds, and that worked great. Is there any freeware that would do the same thing? I guess all I am looking to do is change the ancient Windows XP bubbly thing.

Thanks.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

u can use the builtin MS visual styles.

first u need to patch the uxtheme.dll (u can either replace the file manually or use Uxtheme Multi-patcher 5.0)

then go to deviantart or other site with visual styles and find one u like

after downloading teh visual style, extract the folder or files to C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes

if successful, ur new style should be accessible via teh display properties > appearance (tab)

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

4. sosaiso

uxtheme patcher is t3h aw35om3.

Seriously. And Deviantart. 5 hours later, I finally decided on a Vista-like theme. future+now= good.

Thanks all. Though, Opus looks really intriguing... I have a few wallpapers that I might want to use that with in the future.

About 6 hours later, I even hacked myself a new winlogon. Windows is finally starting to look a whole lot prettier.

Much thanks all.

5. sosaiso

I was wondering what you all use to change the appearance of your desktop icons. Is there a program that could change all of it into something prefabricated all at once?

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i use iconpackager. i dont know the exact differences between the free and paid versions tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.