Huge TI problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by schabelf, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schabelf

schabelf Registered Member

I have version 7 build 613 installed. I have used it in the past successfully but have not used the program for a while. Now when I tried to image my c drive, the program stops while analyzing E drive, another scsi drive, Some times I get an error message saying unable to access some part of the disk; some times the program just freezes; some times after a short pause or a long time TI finishes all the drive analysis and proceeds. When I ran the program this morning, it finished the analysis and began to create image. It gave a time estimate of 4-5 hours. 12 hours later it had frozen at 45% completed and windows idle process was using 85-100% of CPU. When it freezes, windows xp freezes. Windows task manager won't open and the reset button has to be pushed. When the computer reboots windows freezes at the logo screen and that same series of events repeats until all power is disconnected from the computer. Then you can reboot and open windows.Even more bizare, when first attempting to reboot from the freeze up, the enter key on the keyboard is disabled. It took me three tries to uninstall the program because it kept freezing on the partition analysis. Finally it analyzed all partitions and uninstalled. Now I am afraid to reinstall. Any idea what has happened? Incidently, I can find no problem with my E drive. and Drive Image 7 makes an image without any problem in about 40 minutes.

2. me75006

me75006 Registered Member

you might try either re-installing your TI software, or upgrade to the latest rev of TI 7 which (I believe) is v634. If you upgrade, be sure to make a new Rescue CD with the rev level noted on it.

One alternate way to trouble shoot is to boot from the RescueCD, and see how the process runs as compared to running the process from within windows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.