huge problems with comp and nod32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by LGH, May 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LGH

LGH Registered Member

ok so in order to install nod32 v 4 32bit on win xp i had to uninstall windows security essentials.

so i did that and then things started to from bad to worse than bad. but eset managed to install.

the problem is that i cant see the window that eset pops up in.

i right clicked the tray icon to run a scan and after some waiting the scan window unexpectedly appeared. i checked some boxes from the list of places to scan and ran a scan. it is important to note that when checking these boxes there were lots of problems where some of the folders would replace other folders and not able to be seen when scrolling up and down the list of folders. this seems to run in coordination with the general 'cant see the eset program window' problem. the scan appears to be taking place though.

my google chrome will open and then immediately do this 'aw snap' thing and right now im using internet explorer.

the tops of the windows does not show. like the blue part with the minimize and 'x out' buttons does not show for any of my folders that are up.

as i am typing this more problems happened, the scan just finished. it brought up this red window that said there are threats or something. but i cant select any options in the window. it is default set to 'dont do anything about it' for the one threat i can see has been detected. (the whole box is pretty much blank though with some delineation of color)

so its pretty screwed up and its really stopping the functionality of the whole machine. something is really really messed up here.

theres another problem. this is a work computer. and i am doing work right now. and this stuff needs to get done tonight.

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  2. LGH

LGH Registered Member

Re: problem with seeing nod32

ok.

so i pressed the 'only look at the desktop' button.
    then i alt-ctrl'd to the 'warning' icon that i presumed was the partly red window that was nod32s scan report.
    i waited. the window popped up. i selected the pulldown menu (which worked this time) and selected the 'delete' option that was there for the 'multiple threats' item in the list.
    then i clicked finish. the window disappeared. then another eset program popped up in the blue task bar thingy at the bottom of the screen.
    then a big white window took over like 3/4s of the screen (which is the case when i click on the eset task bar option (which just disappeared inexplicably, by the way))

so i right click-opened another eset taskbar window just now. it pulls up the big giant white screen again. now i noticed that when i put my mouse over it, the cursor turns into the hourglass picture.

3. LGH

LGH Registered Member

in theory the problems have been deleted.

but i tried to run chrome just now and that 'aw snap' thing instantly comes up again.

4. LGH

LGH Registered Member

so now i got a 'program not responding' alert. and eset closes.

then i got a 'the system doesnt recognize' something windows alert.

then i got something saying that eset gui is not responding or something.

but then immediately two new eset windows come right back in the taskbar.

oh my god please help asap.

5. LGH

LGH Registered Member

its all very messed up. i think its a memory problem.

i printed a document on regular printer - fine.
    i print the same document using cutepdf writer - messed up
    i use the 'save as' function to save as a pdf. big chunks of text are missing.

6. LGH

LGH Registered Member

ok. so i finished what i was working on and shut down the computer.

turned it back on. everything was gravy. nod32 was working fine. i could see it. i could see the window tops again.

i ran a memory scan it instantly caught 3 things and i could see that. so things are great right now.

will re-up thread if there are more problems.

7. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Please take it easy and you will get help ASAP :)

Edit: Ok so you were infected!
    Have you performed a Full Scan now when you can see the windows correctly? If not then do that and post back if NOD finds anything more.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  8. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Your installed operating system is ? | What was your previous AV software ? | What other security software are you running, if any ?

Export your settings, if they are not corrupt, Disable your LAN or DSL connection, Recommend manually uninstalling your software, reboot, assure system is stable, reinstall current build from the ESET download centre or the partner portal, post back your findings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.