Huge Delay!

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Phantasm, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phantasm

Phantasm Registered Member

I just noticed something strange with Prevx.. well this is what happened i downloaded a file once it finished i didn't click the setup file, instead what i did was right click it and pressed 'Scan with Prevx 3.0' it finished scanning the setup file and nothing came up i still defenently had a feeling this executable was defenently infected so i scanned it in Jotti and most came up with Trojan/Dropper so yeah i was right, yet Prevx didn't detect this when i right clicked and then scanned. However, i then right clicked it and this time i tried 'Scan with MalwareBytes AntiMalware' while it was scanning the file a Prevx alert popped up and said Medium Risk Malware and i had options to either remove it/ignore it etc and i chose to remove it this is good but the thing i'm confused about is: Why is it that when i scanned it, it thought it was clean?

Edit:
    I re-downloaded that same file, this time Prevx detects and removes it automatically as soon as it is fully downloaded and saved onto my hard drive Great!.

I would just like to say, Prevx is one of the best in the world at detecting unknown threats Well Done Prevx seriously!!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.