HUGE and little ESET problems, continued.....

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by newbie2247, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbie2247

newbie2247 Registered Member

BIG PROBLEM with ESET. HUGE. The icon no longer shows up in my tray. I went looking around and in System Configuration, something called ESET HTTP Server is set as "stopped running". I used to have a problem with Windows not letting the gui.exe run ( why is that please?) and that was a pain but now I don't think my ESET is on at all now. I didn't do a thing except download and install the 10 important and critical updates from Microsoft yesterday. I wish I had an ESET users manual to tell me how to fix this. I feel naked, vulnerable and totally unprotected not seeing that ESET icon in the tray. I think this is a critical situation here. :'(

I now have CCleaner, thank you all. Should I tamper with the registry cleaner portion or leave the registry alone? Would truly love to and need to know as I constantly read to never, ever use a registry cleaner but CCleaner is so highly regarded. Please tell me, OK? And I'm assuming but not sure that you want me to use Superantispyware for the data miners, right? I love that it's free but every time I use it, it forces me to do a restart. That can't be too good for the computer, correct? That leaves me back where I started - nowhere. :(

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I have seen this problem on one of my friend's computer - Spybot Search & Destroy was preventing egui.exe from registering to the run key.

4. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Yes, that make me thinking about problems occuring when multiple security applications are running...

Too much security applications kill security itself !

5. newbie2247

newbie2247 Registered Member

The roboot did fix it. I have no idea what caused it. I will say that after I installed the 10 MS updates, all hell broke loose. My entire desktop was a mess and my themes and display settings were all messed up, not to mention the problem about the icon tray. Took some time to fix the mess. I hate those monthly updates! :mad:

Anyway, the rest of my post is still out there for replies if anyone can help. Would be appreciated muchly. Thanks for all your help everyone. :)

"I now have CCleaner, thank you all. Should I tamper with the registry cleaner portion or leave the registry alone? Would truly love to and need to know as I constantly read to never, ever use a registry cleaner but CCleaner is so highly regarded. Please tell me, OK? And I'm assuming but not sure that you want me to use Superantispyware for the data miners, right? I love that it's free but every time I use it, it forces me to do a restart. That can't be too good for the computer, correct? That leaves me back where I started - nowhere. o_O "

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you are speaking of the "CCleaner" portion of your post, that would need to be discussed in our software & services forum, as this is the Eset Support forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.