HUGE and little ESET problems, continued.....

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by newbie2247, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbie2247

newbie2247 Registered Member

BIG PROBLEM with ESET. HUGE. The icon no longer shows up in my tray. I went looking around and in System Configuration, something called ESET HTTP Server is set as "stopped running". I used to have a problem with Windows not letting the gui.exe run ( why is that please?) and that was a pain but now I don't think my ESET is on at all now. I didn't do a thing except download and install the 10 important and critical updates from Microsoft yesterday. I wish I had an ESET users manual to tell me how to fix this. I feel naked, vulnerable and totally unprotected not seeing that ESET icon in the tray. I think this is a critical situation here. :'(

I now have CCleaner, thank you all. Should I tamper with the registry cleaner portion or leave the registry alone? Would truly love to and need to know as I constantly read to never, ever use a registry cleaner but CCleaner is so highly regarded. Please tell me, OK? And I'm assuming but not sure that you want me to use Superantispyware for the data miners, right? I love that it's free but every time I use it, it forces me to do a restart. That can't be too good for the computer, correct? That leaves me back where I started - nowhere. :(

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I have seen this problem on one of my friend's computer - Spybot Search & Destroy was preventing egui.exe from registering to the run key.

4. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Yes, that make me thinking about problems occuring when multiple security applications are running...

Too much security applications kill security itself !

5. newbie2247

newbie2247 Registered Member

The roboot did fix it. I have no idea what caused it. I will say that after I installed the 10 MS updates, all hell broke loose. My entire desktop was a mess and my themes and display settings were all messed up, not to mention the problem about the icon tray. Took some time to fix the mess. I hate those monthly updates! :mad:

Anyway, the rest of my post is still out there for replies if anyone can help. Would be appreciated muchly. Thanks for all your help everyone. :)

"I now have CCleaner, thank you all. Should I tamper with the registry cleaner portion or leave the registry alone? Would truly love to and need to know as I constantly read to never, ever use a registry cleaner but CCleaner is so highly regarded. Please tell me, OK? And I'm assuming but not sure that you want me to use Superantispyware for the data miners, right? I love that it's free but every time I use it, it forces me to do a restart. That can't be too good for the computer, correct? That leaves me back where I started - nowhere. o_O "

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you are speaking of the "CCleaner" portion of your post, that would need to be discussed in our software & services forum, as this is the Eset Support forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.