HTTP Authentication issues

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by SmackyTheFrog, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

I managed to get a remote admin server up and running with an active mirror and clients attaching to it for http updates after much fiddling, but I seem to have hit a wall with authentication over http. Clients will update correctly without authentication, but once I enable basic or NTLM (which I would prefer) I start getting password prompts. The only one I can think of that it would prompt me for is the is the one from the license email but that just results in an "incorrect username/password" error. What the heck does it want here? If it comes to it I will create a network share to the updates directory and do lan updates to get some manner of authentication, but http would be preferable for a more consistent configuration for when I made a second update mirror in the DMZ for machines outside out building boundary to update off of.

Any idea? I tried calling the support line since we have a 500 seat license, but their phone system crashed :mad:

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    I just inquired my colleagues from the US about the problem with the phone support. They answered the system was under the maintenance for 10 minutes and during the outage the voicemail system was activated.

As for your query, make sure the clients connecting to RAS have the same password specified as the one entered in the RAS setup:

Attached Files:

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Thanks for the help. I did indeed set a password there, but I wasn't exactly sure what it was tied to (assumed configuration unlock password or something). Is there a default username that needs to go there as well since I am being prompted for that, or should it be left blank?

4. Sinclair

Sinclair Registered Member

nice, but were is the answer to the initial question ? How to make the HTTP mirror work with basic or NTLM authentication ? If it doesn't need "basic or NTLM authentication" why the drop down list ? It must be a way to use it ..... The manual tells nothing about the issue, not even a hint .... :mad:

5. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

Id also like to know how to set this up ...

/Dak

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you enable basic or NTLM authentication, you must specify the username/password that the ERA server will use to authenticate against the mirror folder. Eg. you can create a domain user "eset" that will have read access to the mirror folder. Then, you'll set the username on workstations as domain\eset with the appropriate password.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.