HTML.VisaFraud

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by pykko, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Well, I know NOD32 protects against HTML and phishing worms but I've found this and I've send it to ESET a while ago and still no answer. Is my sample corrupted?

Attached Files:

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please refrain from pushing us to prioritize old dos viruses, joke programs and phising emails (even with non-funtional links) over other real threats.

3. i_kenefick

i_kenefick Registered Member

In My Humble Opinion :ninja:

The job of detecting/blocking/preventing Phish and Junk mail reaching the enduser and attempting to gather information frauduantly is not one which should be taken on at all by antivirus. Leave the virus analysts do what they do best and detect malicious code... not phishing.

You should employ some sort of junk mail/spam detection software to block this. They do a better job than AV solutions since they can check many aspects of the email rather than just the file itself as in the case of antivirus :D

4. alglove

alglove Registered Member

I totally agree that most items deserve higher priority than phishing e-mails. I also consider phish to be more akin to spam than to viruses. Now, if NOD32 3.0 were to include an anti-spam module... :shifty:

Speaking of which, what do you get when you submit http://www.sickhumor.dk/Epost/Jose/index.html to Jotti's? :D

5. pykko

pykko Registered Member

ok! I understood your point! You know better what to add....

6. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

Slightly OT but connected

I feel NOD or any other AV should NOT detect phishing emails

I get lots of them as do anybody with a public email address

I always forward all of them to the various antiphishing organisations & ciopies to the bank/paypal etc

I get fed up of the amount of times my submission gets rejected because the AV on the mailserver gateway detects the phish in the email & rejects it as a virus

Gradually I have established contact with many of the techs in these organisations who didn't realise that so many emails were bouncing and are now stopping the av from detecting these non viral threats

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.