HTML Virus/Bankfraud.gen trojan

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by COSMO26, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

Edited: I Forwarded the ref'd Email to BellSouth; When attempting to Forward to Regions Bank a Red Warning screen popped up again re: Access to files denied with the Rename/Quarantine Buttons active again. Would this have come from RESTORE after I originally marked Quarantine & Re-Name on the email? Will probably Turn-Off RESTORE and Re-Start to be Safe.

I received a Regions-Union Planters Bank (southern USA) Customer Service Email on BellSouth ISP server and was surprised by a message asking for confirmation of my Debit/ATM Card Password, Online Access P-Wd, etc. (They just merged so there was [at least] logic to the request).The screen was Regions typical screen. Suspsicious of the request, when I transferred the Email to (POP3) Outlook, NOD32 kicked in with the Red Virus Alert and the Bankfraud.gen tojan line in the title. The bank's 800 Online Help # advises they are having tech difficulties and are unable to speak with anyone now; I assume this is the real deal. FYI to all Regions-UP customers and kudos to NOD32 IMON.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  2. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

Hi, good to hear Nod kept u safe.

Banks will never ask for passwords or private info over the net, always be suspicious of emails requesting those details.

Never put anything in an Email that you wouldnt be comfortable telling a complete stranger.

3. Bhaltair

Bhaltair Guest

NOD sure didn't catch it when I viewed that e-mail.. Nod just now finally caught the virus, as I'm searching for a possible new virus that a friend caught as I gave him a document via email (possible virus).
    I have NOD32... 2.0006

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

The latest version of Nod32 is 2.12.3 a FREE download available from www.nod32.com

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.