HP ProLiant DL180: pc_keyb: controller jammed (0xFF) ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by snownight, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snownight

snownight Registered Member

HP ProLiant DL180

When I boot my HP ProLiant DL180 from the PXE , i selected True image age or snap deploy agent, screens display:

pc_keyb: controller jammed (0xFF)

scrolling by.

If I let this go on for 5-10 minutes , then I actually get into the Acronis interface, why?

thx!

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Sounds the keyboard is sending a key signal to the keyboard controller. Could be a key jsut barely making contact or a faulty device in one of the circuit boards (keyboard or mobo). Can yu try pluggin in a diff keyboard and see if things work okay.

3. snownight

snownight Registered Member

Yes, i use another ps and usb keyboard, but no use

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you're booting form the CD, you probalby need to use the usbmouse=off paramter for themouse and I belive there is a similar parameter for the keyboard. The linux driver on the Boot CD isn't working with your mouse/keyboard and you'll probably do better by telling linux not to use the usbmouse and keyboard drivers.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis software

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Please clarify the exact name of Acronis Software you're using and build number, attach the collected report and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.