HP Printer & W7

Discussion in 'hardware' started by JerryM, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

My daughter in another state just bought a laptop with Windows 7. Then she found tht her HP printer would not work with W7. I don't know the exact model of the printer, but it is not very old.

I am wondering if there are drivers she can download to make the printer compatible with the wireless laptop. The printer has a wireless capability.

I advised her to contact HP and ask the question.
    Any experience here? Thanks.

Regards,
    Jerry

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Hi Jerry, HP have free support in the US via a live chat from their website so she should be able to get help quite quickly.

I wonder what problem she's actually having. When Vista came out some HP printers were notorious for not connecting, access denied or not being able to add a printer in the normal way and a workaround I used was to add a printer using create a new port, so I wonder what exact issue she's having as the printer isn't that old.

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Mariadoc,

She downloaded drivers from the HP site, but found that When her husband cleared the wireless router he took off the printer from the wireless printing.

They had forgotted the security code for wireless, and in the process of finding it he had cleared the printer. All is working fine now.
    I appreciate the help, thanks.

Regards,
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.