Howto

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ralph_D, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralph_D

Ralph_D Registered Member

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could assist me with the following queries.

1) How do I create a complete clone of the entire system so that in the event of a failure I can restore the image from a DVD?

2) How do I create an image of an entire system so that I can use it to setup multiple PCs (please note that majority of the PCs' have different specifications, e.g. motherboards, video cards, etc)

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ralph_D,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

1. If you want to create the archive of your system to DVDs/CDs you can use any product of Acronis True Image product line. Please be aware that these products have some differences (including system requirements).
    Please note that if you want to restore the image to new hardware (e.g. new hard drive (which uses another controller)), you should use Acronis Universal Restore.
    Please be aware that Acronis Universal Restore – is an additional feature and it should be purchased separately. Please note that you should purchase Acronis Universal Restore for your product exactly (e.g. Acronis Universal Restore for Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation).

2. If you want to deploy the image of the entire system to target machines, you can use Acronis Snap Deploy 2.0. If you want to deploy the image to the machines with different hardware, you should use Acronis Universal Deploy.
    Acronis Universal Deploy – is the additional feature that allows you to add drivers (critical for booting) of new hardware to the system and to deploy the image to the machine with the different hardware.

We recommend that you download and install the free trial versions of products to see how the software works on your particular software\hardware configuration.

You can visit Acronis online store in order to purchase the product (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/sales/online/).

Thank you.
    --
    Ivan Sarychev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.