HowTO: Restore using the Console

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by HHi, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HHi

HHi Registered Member

As many I'm very new to the product Enterprise Workstation 8.0.

I set up a server where images reside on a share.

Now I want to restore an image on a Windows XP workstation from this server by using the management console.

It does not work for me, I get a message that there are open files on this workstation/partition. The list however is emptyo_O? What exactly do i need to install on this workstation? I make backup initiated from the server, which works fine too.

When I use F11 on the workstation, everything works OK. But I need to manage the workstations from a central place, not by sneakering through the building!

What is wrong? My expectation of the product, my approach, any help is appreciated.

Does some know a more in depth document than the User Guide?

Regards,

Henk

Last edited: Aug 17, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Henk,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

It looks like you are trying to restore the system partition remotely. I'm afraid that Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 8.0 does not allow you to do this. Only logical partitions can be restored remotely.

In case you want to deploy an image of the preconfigured operating system to the several workstations over the network, I recommend you to use Acronis Snap Deploy for your purposes.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version to see how the software works on your computer.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis Snap Deploy in the respective User's Guide.

However, if that's not the case then please provide me with the more detailed information on the problem.

Please describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Tell me what exact error messages you have received.

When exactly you receive these error messages?

Please also find the full version name and build number as it is shown at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/ and let me know them.

As for you question regarding the User's Guide, I'm afraid that we do not provide any other documentation on our products.

Anyway, you can always post any of your questions here or contact our Support Team at support@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. HHi

HHi Registered Member

Thanxs Alexey

I will investigate Acronis Snap Deploy :cool: .

When I tried the trial version of ATICWS, I found it was very limited. Where do I find an overview of the functionalities of SNAP Deploy available in the trial version?

Regards,

Henk

4. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

Then how does one restore the system partition of a remote machine if it is stored on say, a removable hard drive on another computer?

o_O

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello enduser999,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that the removable hard drive which is used to store the images needs to be shared.

In case your remote PC fails you will need to boot it from Bootable Rescue CD, get access to the network share were your images are stored and then restore the appropriate image archive.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.